hsg scan tomo bit nervous

toothfairy28
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:19 pm 
Post subject: hsg scan tomo bit nervous
Hi, I know its silly but am worried about my scan tomo. I don't know why I'm not screamish and I know this is just the beginning of tests.
I think its worse we don't the results till my consultant appt in Dec, which hubby 2nd sperm result and all my blood tests results will also be given.
The waiting is the worst bit. Has anyone been given bad news of a scan on the day
Thanks bex
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 am 
Post subject:
I got told there and then what was happening so did everyone I know whose had it Question It's the radiographer who does the test who writes the report so they can interpret the results better than the gynae doc really, I had everything explained to me and a screen was truned so I could watch what was going on, I would just ask, it's your body , why should they make you wait until you go back Question plus when I did see my cons about 5 weeks later she had the report and it was obviously wrong, they'd mixed me up with someone else (it hadn't been written until 3 days later Rolling Eyes ), it was clear what had happened as it said dye fill in 2/3 of both tubes and I only have one tube, but not everyone would have realised, so I'd definately ask on the day ,it could well be good news, just be prepared for "no fill" though as 1 in 6 women will have this and it doesn't mean your tubes are blocked just that they spasmed and wouldn't let the dye in , I had this and I know 2 other women on here who had it too one of them is now pregnant Smile , Good luck xxx
toothfairy28
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 am 
Post subject:
Thank u so much for the reply,I am going to ask to watch in that case fingers crossed I'm ok as hubby only has 1% good sperm xx
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 am 
Post subject:
I am not sure whether you will read this before you have your scan,when i had mine they said if i spasmed to much and the dye could not go in they would give me some buscopan,this is the ibs medication that you can buy over the counter,if you take this an hour before your scan it should stop any spasms that you may have (i have now used this for af cramps since my hsg and it is better than any painkiller ive ever used!)
As for the actual procedure,the screen will be in your view,it will be close as the radiographer and any other staff will be positioned at your bottom half so that they can do the "fill" so they need the screen fairly close,i was very lucky in the fact thay tey explained everything to me,i watched the pictures being taken and when it was all done i asked what they had seen and she told me everything was good and what they would expect to see,nobody is going to be cross if you ask questions so dont be afraid to,hope it all goes well for you,i drove myself nuts with nerves,but once i was there they were all lovely and i was relaxed,let us know how you get on Smile Smile
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
Well I had no reason to worry had three lovely ladies for the scan, they let me watch the screen and talked me though the whole thing.
And the good news is it was our 1st good result both tubes filled and spilled nicely so very pleased one less hurdle.
Now looking forward to our Dec appt to find out next steps
Thank u again for all ur help I find this site a great help
Xx
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Aww thats great news, glad it all went well for you xx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Great news hun, make sure you get in lots of BD as they do say after you have had dye through the tubes it gives them a good clear out Very Happy x
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Glad it went well for you Smile i have read lots about ladies getting their bfp shortly after a hsg fx for you Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular