What can I do to help?

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:35 pm 
Post subject: What can I do to help?
I'll try and keep it short.

My friend has been ttc for 2 years, her hubby has very little immature sperm but icsi can be done. They decided to try icsi and started the process to get ready for it she had a scan everything in working order but then her amh result came back and her consultant said it was lower than what he expected so that lowers the chance of icsi working. Her result was 22 and she is 28 which is supposedly low for her age.

We went away for the weekend, she was talking positively about trying the icsi still but was saying she really needs to try and stay calm and not stress too much as she is a stressy person.

I got a text today saying she and her hubby can't make sat for a meal we had plannned as she has had a meltdown and gone to her mums Crying or Very sad I asked if it was ok to phone her and did and basically she said she had tried to be positive all weekend but its not how she feels, her oh isn't a very good at talking feelings like alot of men Rolling Eyes and she can't cope anymore. She has not gone to work (she is a teacher) and is gonna get signed off for at least a week or so to try and get sorted.

Work is stressy as they have various issues in her school and its not a good place to be at the min, she has massages, accupunture, herbs etc

I have reccomended she try counselling as she says it feels like when her dad died ie grieving Crying or Very sad said about couples therapy to help them talk about it but I just don't know what to do??
She is gonna try a therapist who can teach her coping techniques and she is seeing her tomorrow.

I want to make it better for her but haven't got a clue what more other than to be there for her that I can do?

Thanks for reading, any postive stories of people with poor sperm and low amh having a baby would be good, Jen x x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular