5 BFN later...no period, feel preggo, but ugh, BFNs!!!

engenderinglove
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 am 
Post subject: 5 BFN later...no period, feel preggo, but ugh, BFNs!!!
Hey all,

I just wanted to share my frustration/confusion over this whole HPT thing...

I felt preggo before I started testing: dizziness, nausea (Every afternoon starting at 6pm), SUPER SENSITIVE smell (lots of things make me nauseous), EXTREME fatigue, and hot flashes.

But after 5 HPTs, I'm still testing positive (And yes i'm testing in the morning right after I get up)...

I was due for my period last Saturday and am now 3 going on 4 days past...so wtf!? Am I pregnant or not? I have a doctor's appointment Thursday and plan to bring it up then and see if they can test me.

Anyone had a blood test confirm when their HPTs are negative?

I just want to know one way or the other so if i am NOT pregnant, I can find out what else is going on.

oh, I should also add my periods are quite regular but VERY far apart. My cycle runs 39-40 days consistently (Aren't I lucky?), so I'm on day 43 going on 44 now without a period. SIGH.

Any advice? I'm happy to accept it.

Hopefully Preggo
engenderinglove
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:23 pm 
Post subject: Make that 6...
Make it 6...

I'm probably testing too much, but I just want to know!!!!

Anyway, 4 days late, 6 BFNs later, and now I'm starting to have VERY VERY minor cramps.

Starting to wonder if this is really just a really late period with really REALLY crappy PMS.

Le sigh.
Em2289
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry your feeling like this, im in the same boat except i am 19 days late and have had 4 BFNs, god knows what is going on but hope af shows her face soon so we can get back to it Laughing

engenderinglove
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:17 am 
Post subject: Blood test
Hey all just an update

One more (and last for now) test because obviously im either not preggers or I'm just not creating enough hormone for the test. Anyway, I'm now 5 going on 6 days late and haven't been this late for a period in over a year.

Decided its time to go to dr. But I want to get a blood test since my pee pee tests r all BFNs. Anyone ever had this test done? Do they give u results right away?

Thnx for help and support!!
Vhappymum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm 
Post subject: Multiple negative tests
Hi

After waiting 5 days for my period and having very light brownish discharge for 3 days (and 5 negative hpts during that time) the faint spotting disappeared overnight. Yesterday's early detection First Response test was negative. Lunchtime today, regular supermarket branded test was positive and not that faint either. Soooo happy Smile

Have spent the last week addicted to these forums reading about others going through the same thing. It's frustrating when people don't update posts if they get a positive because when you're on that 2 week wait it gives such hope to read about others who've had negative tests, but finally a positive. So I just wanted to share and to say hang on in there to every woman and couple going through it. I only got my positive 6 days after I was due to come on.

Baby dust to all, I feel incredibly lucky xxxxxxx
Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats on the BFP! Smile xx

Nomechompski
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:03 am 
Post subject:
What an intense week you've had!!

Congratulations Smile

Naomi xx
Vhappymum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
Many thanks for the good wishes xx
engenderinglove
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:38 am 
Post subject: Update
Hey all,

I too wanted to send an update, but mine isn't as happy as the previous replier. (Congratulations btw!!!!)

I decided to wait a few more days and maybe go and get the blood test done, but didn't get in to see the doctor yesterday.

Went and bought the digital test since some people seem to have better responses with that - alas, still a bfn. Question

At this point I"m over a week late (going on 9 days) and figure I've just missed my period for some other reason. I give up. Although, I'm not stressed in the LEAST (this is the least stressed I've been in a REALLY long time), and I haven't been sick in months (no colds, flus, etc.). I guess it just wasn't my time. Oh well.

However, I do want to say, baby dust to you all, and congratulations to those who have had BFPs!!! Sad
heroes
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun, I have the same thing happening to me atm, Ive just been to the docs tp find out whether or not I might be going through the premenopause, Im 41 and been trying for nearly 3 years now, normal AF's for 3 years and now 10 days laste, did a home test Negative, went to the docs yesterday at 9 days late they did a test Negative, our bodies play very cruel tricks on us, Hope you get a BFP after your anxious wait
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:52 pm 
Post subject: Probably not premenopause...
Thanks for your reply and support Heroes, but I'm 28 and so I doubt I'm going through premenopause.

I'm exploring options with my thyroid right now and possibly a fatigued adrenal gland. Le sigh.

Decided if I am going to go to the doc, I'm going to wait till I'm 2 weeks late - which will be Halloween (monday). At this point going strong at 11 days late for AF and no real signs of her coming. Boo...
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Congrats on the BFP vhappymum can I ask if you where using different brand when you where getting the bfns?

engenderinglove sorry you are getting BFNS hope the docs give you some answers Smile
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi teebshoping

I think my first 4 bfn results were from sainsburies own brand, then my 5th bfn was the 'First Response' supposedly early detection (with my period already 5 days late) and the very next day a bfp with morrison's own brand.

I've read on various forums about some women not showing bfp until weeks into their pregnancy.

All the very best

Xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
hope you get sorted out soon hun.. xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Page 1 of 1