Potty training help seriously needed

stefaniea
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 pm 
Post subject: Potty training help seriously needed

Please please help, i am trying to potty train my little boy 3yr and 4m and its not going well....
i have left it and left it thinking he would eventually say he wanted to use toilet/potty and he hasn't so i have decided to bite the bullet, we are also due to have new carpets soon and want it done before then.
Today is day 4 - so far:
day 1 - we had 2 accidents - 1 wet 1 poo
day 2 - we had 1 accident - 1 poo
day 3 we had 2 accidents - 1 wet 1 poo
I spend all my time asking him if he needs to go and putting him on to try and sometimes he uses and sometimes he doesn't then he just suddenly does it in his pants within minutes of either using or not using. I feel like im losing my mind!!!
I cant keep throwing clothing like i am.
His sister was completely different, i left her and at 3yrs she decided she wanted to wear pant and that was it never pooed them very rarely wet.
what do i do, when he using the toilet/potty i am cheerleading him and giving treats so he knows its a good thing to do......HELP
Jolly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
I have the same problem, have been trying and trying, my boy is 1 month off 3 yrs old. He doesn't seem to have a clue, and has many accidents! I have given up many times and don't know what advice to give you except don't give up! Lets hope you have better luck this week. How is his communication? Can he let you know when he needs the toilet? Aaron doesn't communicate with us that well and wouldn't know how to say I need wee's yet!

Sorry I cant give you any advice, if I have any success will let you know!

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
what i did was leave bottom half naked and when she started to wee put her on the potty and say 'wee wee goes on the potty' and it took about 2 weeks (but i only did it evening and weekends cos of work) and she just got up one evening said 'need a wee' and went. then a week of practising with underwear and that was it.

but trying to do a poo on the potty has been a battle, she will either hide and do it in her pants, or wait until bed time/early morning and do it in her nappy. i can count the number of poos she has done on her potty on 1 hand, and she has been trained 4 months. Rolling Eyes

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
DS is 20 months and has been taking himself to the potty for last 2 months (before that we would put him on) we leave him with no pants on and he takes himself quite happily but put pants/nappy on him and he wees/poos in them. Also if he needs a poo and he has no pants on he'll only go on a potty that's in a room with nobody in it (seems to like privacy). Maybe leave your son bottomless (especially if you're getting new carpets soon as won't matter too much about soiling the old ones, you may find he's happier doing it on potty than just down his leg...unfortunately I can't advise any further than that as we seem to have hit a barrier now Sad

Toobee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't got any advice I'm afraid, I'm in the same position. H is 2 years and 5 months and was doing quite well but now will not entertain the idea of sitting on the potty or toilet, never mind do anything on it! If I leave him bottomless he just wees on the floor. I asked the Health visitor and she just said don't worry about it until he goes to pre-school. Any ideas anyone has got for you i'd appreciate too!!! x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular