Sensitive Skin?

wishing25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:06 am 
Post subject: Sensitive Skin?
Hey ladies! I have never been in a rush to potty train Alannah, she is just under two and a half. But about three weeks ago she turned round and said "mummy, I don't like my nappies, I want a wee wee in my potty"! I was pretty stunned, I have always left a potty around the house just so she knows what it's for, and she was dry within a day! I took her nappy off on a Thursday morning, she had a little accident (wee) that morning and a little accident the following Wednesday at Nursery (she only goes one day a week and I was expecting a lot worse cause she is very quiet in nursery!), but that's it! Took her a couple of days to do a poo in it, but that was sorted in five days, now she is compeltely dry in the day. She still wears pull ups to bed, but she takes it off to wee before she falls asleep and as soon as she wakes u she takes it off and it's more or less dry most mornings! I am so chuffed considering I didn't really do anything, she did it all by herself! But I am just a bit concerned about the skin on her little bottom. Some days it's so dry and and red, and the other day she had what looked like a nappy rash all over her foo-foo (her little nickname!). Do you reckon that's normal, I guess it takes a while for their sensitive skin to get used to not having the padding of a nappy and straight into knickers? She has some cream for dry skin which makes some difference but not a lot. x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:34 am 
Post subject:
does she wipe herself or do you do it? cos my daughter gets the same really red on her bits and the only thing i can think is that she isnt wiping properly and its making her sore.

i usually put some sudocrem on at night and it seems better the next day.

wishing25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
Well, this is what I thought, but to be honest, even if she does wipe herself I always do it after just to be sure. Unless they are letting her do it herself at nursery? Might have to ask them actually. Thank you hun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular