First counselling session

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:45 pm 
Post subject: First counselling session
I had my first counselling session today after waiting nearly 5 months! Just from todays session made me realise how much was going on around my m/cs and I wonder how I coped! There's so much stuff that's going to be brought up over the coming sessions, and keeping my fingers crossed it's going to help.
I think my OH thinks it's going to put me off ttc, but I still want to. I had my blood tests done yesterday as part of my m/c tests, and just got my scan in a couple of weeks, and then have to wait around 6 weeks for the results! So, will be looking at new year at least. So maybe new year = baby? who knows Laughing

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Aww I hope so hun FX..
glad the counselling is helping xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun. I saw my brother for the first time in a while, and he said I've changed, especially my mood towards Christmas Sad I usually love Christmas, but don't think he realises there should of been an extra one here, especially as my second one was due the week before Christmas. Made me feel a bit [*@!#%*], but hey ho xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
I am so glad that the counselling was good for you hun. It was worth the wait. Mine wasn't successful and i hoped it would be. I'm glad you have someone to talk to and help you to cope with your feelings. I'm also glad that the tests for your m/c have started. Hopefully not long until you get some results hun Smile xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed they will be ok.
How are things with you chattygirl86? xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
I hope your results come back all fine but if they did find something was wrong then at least you can get a treatment plan put in place to help you carry your next baby ok. Well that was my logic (if it makes any sense that is).

Everything is ok with me hun. I still don't feel i have grieved for my 2 losses and even though i am happuy i managed to fall pregnant again, theres still alot of sadness that i can feel.

Are you waiting until your test results come back before you start trying again hun?! Thats what my midwife recommended but i couldn't bear the wait!! xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
I can see your logic, I'm thinking do I not want there to be anything wrong, and then my m/cs just be down to 'nature', or do I want something to be wrong so that I can get help! Although I'm worried if there is something wrong that it means I won't be able to get pregnant again! One extreme to the other! Laughing

Awww, I know how you feel hun. I want to get pregnant in a way, so that it blocks out my feelings of grief for the other 2, at least that's what I'm assuming my head is trying to do (if that makes sense!)

We're not ttc at the moment, mixed messages from OH. But I think he's coming round to the idea again. I'm thinking he just wants to wait for the results of tests before trying, which I can see the lgic in it, but I'm so impatient!! xxx

sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
when i lost my 3rd hun i had counciling an it really helped me an i had all the m/c tests during that time i was so relaxed as we stopped trying for a baby as we thourght i should recive the help i needed by the counciler an wait fot the tests to come back to c if anything was wrong. during that time i fell pregnant with my son archie, hes now 8mnths, i took 75mg of baby asprin in my pregnancy with him xx
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
I had my second session today, and I have found it helpful. I'm currently going through tests at the moment. Got the last one next week which is a scan. So, then it's just waiting for the results, which is going to seem like forever. I'm really hoping the next pregnancy is a success Sad

My OH keeps changing his mind about TTC at the moment, so feel a bit messed around. I'm hoping once the results come through, that he will actually make a decision. I'm so glad I've got the counsellor to talk to about all this stuff, as my second baby would of been due next weekend aswell, and I'm finding this one more difficult than the first due date.

Sorry that was a bit of a ramble now I look back! xx

choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:44 am 
Post subject:
so glad to hear your counsellings going well hun my thoughts will be with you next weekend xx
Hannah born Jun '12
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you hun xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
I am so glad you are finding the sessions helpful hun. Keep me posted with what the results say hun please.

My OH was a bit messed up too and didn't want to try again asap but he left the decision to me. I think its because you don't know why its happening so until you do, you don't want to fall pregnant incase it means another m/c and i know it would have broken my OH so maybe your OH is the same.

Will be thinking of you this weekend hun, i'm sure you will find the strength to get through it xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you hun. I will keep you posted with the test results. The gynae said it'd take 6 weeks for the results, so I'm assuming after I've had the scan tomorrow, that it'll be 6 weeks from then. Either way I'm not expecting to hear anything until the end of January.

Shall have to see how it goes, trying to take each day at a time at the moment. xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
Surely they will give you the results from the blood test etc as soon as they get them. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long. Once Christmas & New Year has passed it won't be long until the end of January.

Thats probably the best way hun, just take each day as it comes xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular