Depression in Pregnacy - advice needed

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 pm 
Post subject: Depression in Pregnacy - advice needed
My sister is 16 weeks pregnant. she suffered severe sickness in the beginning and was in hospital. the sickness has now stopped but she has no energy and just feels awful all of the time. She is now suffering from severe depression with panick attacks - the NHS are pretty much doing nothing about it.

Is there anyone who has suffered from depression in pregnancy that can offer advice - we really dont know what to do - she is getting worse and worse and nothing and no one seems to be able to help. she does not understand herself and wants so much to feel normal - we think it is stemming from literally having no energy and physically struggles to just walk up the stairs - she also has a 3 year old to deal with which also adds to her anxiety.

Any help or advice or simular stories will be much appreicated - i think she is feeling so alont at the moment and just knowing others have also been through this and got through the other end. I think she is worried that this feeling will never go away.

thanks girls xxx

3rdtimeluckyyy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun im sorry to hear your all going through this...

when i got pregnant with my current unborn i was having panic attacks and suffering with anxiety due to the stress and the panic of losing another as we have lost two in the past one of which was 3 months before becoming pregnant with this child. I went to the doctors about it and they very much like they have done with your sister and just strugged it off. its horrible to feel like no one gives a C**P

it took me a while and i still have moments of feeling very alone and upset in my pregnancy but with the support of others you are able to start seeing your baby comes first and the only way for your baby to be in great shape and healthy is for you to be in the same way.

It tell my self everyday that its ok to be happy when your happy and sad when your sad....
My depression spirels from a different matter to your sisters so my case was/is different. If find my self making sure im always busy with plenty of shifts at work and making sure i always had plenty of house work to keep me busy so i dont sit and think. I know your unable to do this due to the fact she is phyically exhausted but maybe try and find a little hobby which doesnt take to much energy for her to do in bed in order to keep her mind occupied.

Luckily i was/is strong mentally and have managed to pull myself out of a little rut i could find myself falling into.

Just make sure you sister is aware of how lucky she is and much support she has around her. keep pesting the doctor if nothing and also maybe try and talk to her midwife if you havnt done so already.

Wishing you all the best. x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular