he wont settle in the day!!! fed up

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 pm 
Post subject: he wont settle in the day!!! fed up
So ive got kayne into a great bedtime routine and i put him in bed awake and thats it he settles himself but the in the day its a different matter. He just wont settle on his own and needs to be cuddled and rocked to sleep. How can i get out of this??? I cant just leave him as he gets hysterical. Any tips please xxx

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
do you try and put him down just after a feed or coming up to the next one ? when my LO was that age she would sleep much better just after a feed rather than before the next as she wouldn't want to go to sleep when she was getting hungry.
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
jane1978 wrote:
do you try and put him down just after a feed or coming up to the next one ? when my LO was that age she would sleep much better just after a feed rather than before the next as she wouldn't want to go to sleep when she was getting hungry.

I just put him down once he starts getting ratty from being tierd or rubbing his eyes. So sometimes before a feed and sometimes after. I think his milk isnt filling him up so i started him on baby rice a few days ago and today ive given him 2 meals of it and he has been alot better Smile
Do you know how much he should be sleeping at nearly 4months old Smile

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
I think my little girl had 3 sleeps of about an hour x
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 pm 
Post subject:
oh really Kayne is having about 3 sleeps of 10-20mins each x

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:12 am 
Post subject:
wow - I mean babies are all different but that doesn't seem like much. she had 3 x 1 hour til about 8 months then 2 x 1 - 1.5 hours and then from 1ish about 1.5 hours once a day. Your LO might be unusual but that seems to be the norm. he might sleep better after some food x
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for replying hun, since i posted this he has been loads better. I have started putting him in his swing with a blanket on so he knows he is supposed to go to sleep when i do that. He still only has 2 or 3 short naps Very Happy

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
My lo used to have 3-4 30 minute naps a day, was a nightmare! Then around 1ish he went to two naps about an hour each and now he has about two hours before lunch. It's lovely, can get so much more done in the day x

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
were fine now, thanks everyone. He has one short nap of about 10-20 mins and then a longer one of 30mins to a hour in the evening. I put him in his swing with a blanket round him and hes great. i think he just needed a routine for sleeps Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular