pnd

kellymartine
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:52 am 
Post subject: pnd
Hi Smile
I don't quite know what to do with myself at the moment Sad I don't know if i have slight post natal depression. I have days where I'm up and down and my baby seems to really stress me out. Dont get me wrong I love her to bits but I'm just so fed up and tired I feel like I could pull m hair out !

I'mm gonna speak to my doc about it when I make an appointment. I had my 6 week check up and he asked me about my mood and I just said I was fine cus I didnt wana cause a fuss or be asked to go on any meds, courses cbt etc, I'm a newly qualified mental health nurse and I think thats why I didnt say anything. I havent worked since qualifying as I got pregnant and was quite ill throughout the pregnancy but thats another thing thats really getting me down. I feel like Ive worked my ass off for nothing as its gonna be hard for me to get back into the swing of things with 2 kiddies Sad

I thought I'd love to have all this time off with my kids but Im just always moody, snapping at people and totally stressed out, since Ive had the baby i just spontaniously seem to burst into tears for no given reason !

The worst thing is I dont wana be snapping at my kids espec my son who's just wonderfull <3

My partner has just recently finnished university and is now going for full time job interviews and soon its just gonna be me alone with them 247 ! I know that sounds selfish but bcus of the way I feel Its like its gonna finnish me off. I have suffered throughout most of the pregnancy with insomnia and bouts of depression as it was a very stressful pregnancy ( hair loss, acne and then baby stopped moving & growing ) and thought it would go when I had the baby but I just seem to not be able to sleep. I tired of being tired Sad

I love my kids and partner so much and have great friends but I just feel like I cant go on like this somthings gonna break and its gonna be me !

Does this sound like pnd? I just cant think straight atm. I just keep saying to myself oh for gods sake pull yourself together. Ive been eating healthily back on the exercise bandwagon etc to shift the baby belly but just feel so stressed and down all the time Sad Really dont get why I cant sleep I literally run myself ragged ! when I felt low while pregnant I just got on with it and everybody just kept saying it'll be over soon and its just not !

I had the baby blues for about 2 weeks which was just horrid and I feel as though I'm about to snap Sad
kelly
xxx

minine1
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
awww hunni im so sorry ur feelin lik this, i havent felt like this with my dd but wen i had my son i had a horrid labour that ended in section and i couldnt get over the expeerince and didnt bond with my son or wont to do anything with him at all, i know ur situation is different but i never did anything about my situation till 2yrs later as i was spriling down further.... i would really really go talk to the doctor and see if u can get some help even if its just some coullsling, which i did and helped me soo much
sorry not much help hun, hope ya feelin ok today let us know how ya getting on xx

kellymartine
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:09 am 
Post subject: .
hey minine thanks for the rep, went to c th doc and he gave me sleeping tabs! Small dose bt stil not gonna take them cus id worry myself sick about not waking up for the baby, they did offer about counselling bt cnt b arsd with it and knw theres huge waiting lists anyway. Feeling much better now as im getting a bit of sleep had a hectic fw weeks tho so had to keep a brave face. Whoever said having kids keeps you young was having a laugh ive aged 10 years! How are u getting on? Xx

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Smile definately sounds like PND.. how are you feeling now?
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
stephyallen
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
aww hun! im on day 11 now after giving birth and im finding myself having outbursts of tears for no reason, im hoping it is just because im tired etc. i have a few weeks to go yet before i get my 6 week check up but if i get any worse ill deffo be going to see my GP as i cant go on like this. i dont feel sad as i love my little angel so much and she is so beautiful. i just think the lack of sleep is getting to me.

xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular