Still bleeding :-/

Caz3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:48 am 
Post subject: Still bleeding :-/
Hi ladies, I'm getting a little corcerned as I'm still bleeding and my baby is now 5 wks 3 days old. It was a very difficult labour and delivery. He is my fourth baby and I've never had bleeding for so long after delivery. I'm beginning to wonder if Im actually having my first period as I had a break of almost 3 days with nearly nothing. I'm now very heavy again and sorry tmi.. It's bright red. Confused It's shouldn't still be so heavy & bright red at this stage if it's not my period? I'm always tired ( I know normal after a baby!) and a little dizzy. Ive booked myself in for a check up on Thursday, but any opinions/advice/experiences would be appreciated Very Happy thanks x
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:37 am 
Post subject:
i only bled for 3 weeks, then got my period 3 weeks later. but i have a friend who bled for 6 weeks. i also felt really bad with my first period, really dizzy, and faint like i was going to collapse.

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't bleed for that long after the birth but I have noticed that periods since have been quite painful. They were heavy for the first few months, usually mine were 3/4 days. It is getting back to normal but still quite painful. I just put it down to my body getting back to normal after 4 kids.

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:40 am 
Post subject:
With Avril I bled quite a long time, not sure exactly how long but at least 4 weeks. Now I'm at 2 weeks and it has stopped.

They say that bleeding up until 6 weeks is normal though. It does sounds like that all that bleeding has given you aneamia, so definately get it checked out hun.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:10 am 
Post subject:
I bled for 3 months after my first, just wouldn't stop! They gave me oxytocin after 2nd and 3rd was better, just a couple of weeks x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular