Sore joints after giving birth

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm 
Post subject: Sore joints after giving birth
Since giving birth I've had very painful knees, sometimes I find it difficult to get onto the toilet and off, and sometimes even hard to walk the stairs... My shoulders are giving me grief as well.

I've read it can be fairly normal, but has anyone else had this? How long does it last?
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hello there, my lo will be 11 weeks on Thursday and I'm still suffering after a really difficult labour and delivery. For me it's the whole right side of my body, I ache from top to toe and the base of my back is very sore. I have booked myself in to see a chiropractor and to get myself some physio therapy. My right leg often feels numb and then I have a lot of tingling. I just feel Wonky and about 80 yrs old instead of 37! I would get yourself checked out by your GP, hope u start to feel better soon x
Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
I was calling myself an old lady too Smile

I'm due for a check up next week, I'll definately ask the GP about it. Hope yours goes away soon too, the chiropractor sounds like a great idea!
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Ive been feeling like im 80 as well and im 29! im in agony most nights after having my little girly im glad its not just me as i thought id feel ok by now esp as i was only in established labour and pushing for 1 hour 15 mins xx
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
i felt really sore and achey for a few weeks, couldnt walk very far, and i didnt drive for a week cos i felt like i couldnt move my legs quick enough. when my mw asked if i had any pains or hot feelings in my legs i just said i felt like id run a marathon!

it probably didnt help that i had a ventouse delivery and had my legs up in stirrups for the pushing part.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:16 am 
Post subject:
I take cod liver oil tablets and that helps with my achey hips xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular