Not sure...

Des737
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:27 pm 
Post subject: Not sure...
Lately at night after eating dinner I've been feeling like I have to throw up. In addition, if I drink milk, which I can usually go through a gal in a few days with no porblem, it's been curdling in my stomach. Worried, I researched online why. I read that it could be a sign of pregnancy. This has ben happening for about 4 days now. Last night my boyfriend and I ran to get a pregnancy test. The only one we found was 6 days before a missed period, and I'm about 11 to 13 days away from my period. I've been taking my birth control, but I know sometimes you still ovulate even though you're on birth control. When I bought the test, I bought a bottle of water too. I drank it all on the way home, so when I took the test my pee was clear (sorry if tmi) but I'm not sure if that was an acceptable sample or not. It came to be negative. So, I guess im wondering if it's even too early to be showing symptoms if the pregnancy test is negative and if it's possible that I'm feeling this way and the hormone the test read isn't being produced enough to be recognized yet. This is unlike any stomach sickness I've had before. And never been pregnant before, I have nooooooo idea. So any suggestions our comments would be very helpful! Thank you so much. I don't know if my age has anything to do with it, but I'm 18 1/2.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 am 
Post subject:
If you're on birth control your "periods" aren't actually real periods so the date the next ones due isn't relevant for working out when you might have ovulated in the same way it would be when you're trying to conceive , so if it was pregnancy making you feel this way a test would probably work no matter what point in your pill cycle you're at , as you say you can still ovulate and it could happen at any point in a cycle if you miss one or two pills or even just don't take them at the right time, or for some women on progesterone only pills they always still ovulate , so it is possible to be pregnant . If your sample was clear chances are it was too weak for testing, the best time is with the first urine of the day which should be the strongest. When I got pregnant on the pill I had a bleed when I was around 4 weeks which I presumed was my period and because of that never considered pregnancy until much later (I was 13 1/2 weeks before I found out ) so even if your last bleed was on time it doesn't necessarily mean you weren't pregnant then as the pill hormones can still cause the bleeds , If I were you I would test again with FMU to be sure ,good luck xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular