Wait a little longer...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
crispiee
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 am 
Post subject: Time to test?
Hello all! My partner and I have recently been ttc again. My last period finished on the 18th November, and had started about 4-5 days beforehand. My periods are never spot on but are generally pretty average on a 28 day cycle, give or take a couple of days, which by rights should mean I should have come on over the past few days, around the 11th. I've been feeling a little sore and heavy around my breasts, and also getting a little nausea within my throat, no actual sickness, but the feeling. I've been slightly more tired than usual, and the same with going to the toilet, no massive differences, but enough for me to pick up on.
Is it about time I tried a test or would it be too early to see?
We're currently planning on testing around the 23rd for the simple reason that its pay day, and a date for us to look forward to, but advice would still be helpful! Smile
Everyones opinions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance! Smile xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like you could test now to me Laughing If your last period started around the 13th or 14th of november (you should make a note of the start date not the end for your GP as thats how they date your pregnancy) and you're normally 28 days then a test should work now if you ov'd on time Smile the symptoms could be pregnancy or just 2 ww symptoms as they're practically the same , but i know i couldn't wait another 10 days to see if AF showed up , good luck when you do test xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Smile I voted test now hun Good Luck xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
crispiee
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 am 
Post subject:
The problem is, we're generally tight on cash! I have recently moved from Devon to Essex to move in with my partner, which meant I had to leave my job behind and am yet to find a new one, which leaves us living off of his wages alone, which pretty much just stretches from pay day to pay day. So, it would benefit us financially to wait until the 23rd (next payday) but I just cant seem to take my mind off finding out whether I'm going to be a mummy or not, ha ha! Wondering whether to bite the bullett, use the last of this months cash, and just find out and hope that I'm not let down, or learn to be patient, wait for my answer and not feel so bad if its a negative... choices, choices. We shall see! I'll get there eventually!

Thank you both for your kind comments! x

Any more advice anyone? x
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:27 am 
Post subject:
if your really short on cash and want to know your local GUM or sexual health clinic can test for free x

crispiee
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry, I'm not too good on giving all the details am I, haha! I only moved about a month ago, and since its such a distance I wasn't able to keep my old doctors surgery, and I'm still waiting to hear back from the NHS about getting set up for one here. So it's going to be another week or 2 before I have a GP. I've also been calling around the general day hospitals in our area to see if I can be tested there, but none of them do it, and our closest walk in sexual health clinic is about a 30 minute train ride away, which obviously, also costs money.

If there had been somewhere closer, no doubt after your comments and opinions, I would have gone straight down there and had the test, as I'm not exactly known for being patient Razz but, considering this new found information, it looks like I'm just going to have to wait regardless, haha. We'll see how I manage that Rolling Eyes

Thank you all again for your help, and will update on the 23rd, if not before! xxx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
Can you not go into a walk in centre? they do free testing this is a charity that does free testing: www.smpclinic.co.uk have a look see if you have a local one.

If not maybe wait till payday good luck Smile
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
Unfortunately, there's not one close to us. We live in Braintree, in Essex, just near Colchester/Chelmsford, if you know any of those haha. Have been looking around, but the closest is in Chelmsford, which, as neither of us drive, is a little too far out for us to get to on how low our budget is. Looks like I'll just have to wait Sad Oh well, atleast I'll get there in the end!

Thank you all for your help! xxx
TayTay6
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 am 
Post subject:
how did u go crispiee?? was a BFP?? all the best xxx

RachelCC09
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Any news Crispee?

You can buy very cheap tests off the internet. I got 15 early testing strips which the NHS use (10 miu so very sensitive) off Amazon for just 2.80 and Free postage! The branded tests are stupidly expensive.

Good luck

R
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 am 
Post subject:
I managed to get hold of a couple of tests around the 19th December. Took one in the evening, and one first thing the morning after. Both came out negative, but I continued having symptoms and am STILL yet to get my period (which as said above was due around 12th December, so thats a complete missed period. The tests were also tesco cheapys so may have affected it. I have just been set up with a new doctor so I'm planning on waiting to see if this next period shows up or not and then going to get a blood test at the doctors to see how that comes out. Such a confusing situation! Fingers are still crossed for a BFP though! If not, we will see next time!

Thank you all for your support xxx
crispiee
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
So no period turned up for last month at all. I made an appointment with the doctors to get a blood test done, as I was due one anyway. (I have an underactive thyroid and therefore get my blood tested every 3 months due to this) So they took two blood samples on Friday one for my thyroid, and the other to check for pregnancy hormones. The nurse said they should be in contact with me at the beginning of the week, so hopefully I'll be hearing back from them with a more definite negative/positive answer in the next couple of days. Over which time my next period is due so that will also help to confirm whether I just had a bad month, or whether it really is a BFP for me!

Will update in the week Smile

Thank you all again for your comments and opinions. Cross all your fingers for me! Smile
crispiee
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Had my results from the blood test back today. Couldn't be patient enough so called up my doctors surgery and asked the receptionist, she said that my results had come back saying 'Normal; no further action needed'. Which, by the sounds of it means it's BFN for this month. Bit of a let down, yet again. Have an appointment with my doctor this weekend to check up on my thyroid results so will just confirm it with him then. If I'm definitely not pregnant, then theres got to be something going on with my body as I missed last months period, and am now late for this months. Not too sure what to think about all of this. Trying to keep up my PMA, but not sure how long its going to stick around.

Guess I'll have to just keep trying, even though it doesn't seem like things are going to start looking up for me and OH any time soon on the baby front.

Thank you all again for your help and support x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular