Controlled crying

Amy99
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject: Controlled crying
So after 6 months of getting no sleep I finally decided to try controlled crying last night . I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was , I put her down at 9 , she cried for 20 mins altogether and then fell asleep , I knew not to get my hopes up that she would wake soon and she did 30 mins later , I let her cry for 5 mins went in and rubbed her tummy and then left again and she cried for 5 mins before falling asleep again but this time for the night . She didn't wake till 7am Laughing I couldn't believe it !!! She had never been a good sleeper at night or during the day at nap time , the longest she has ever slept for was 4 hours . I will def be sticking to it again tonight , anyone thinking of trying it should def give it a go . I'm in shock that it is working so far I was starting to give up on the idea of ever getting sleep again , I think because she has reflux I let the night waking and feeding go on so long as I didn't want to upset her but she is on medication for the reflux so isn't in pain so was just waking ( up to ten times a night ) out of habit , oh and i used to be against CC , I thought it was cruel and baby's will learn to sleep when ready so I do understand people not liking the idea of letting a baby cry but in the long run it might be better for baby and mother , good luck to anyone who is trying it .
CJMommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
@amy99 thank you for sharing. I have a 13 month old DS and I am going to try this method this weekend for the first time and I hope to fully stick to it. He has yet to sleep through the night since he has been born. DH and I both work full time so its been so hard on us this past year. I will ask did you put DD down with a bottle in her crib?
Amy99
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
Aw 13 months is an awfull long time to be going without a good nights sleep . I didnt put her down with a bottle but only because she is still only learning to hold it herself but to be honest if she was older I would and as soon as she can hold bottle herself I prob will , good luck at the weekend hope it works for you's , it's not easy I'm sitting here now listening to her cry , trying not to give in and go up to her
Amy99
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Only took 15 mins to get her asleep tonight , delighted . Not sure if I would of been able to hold out and not pick her up if she had cried for too long tonight . Hope tonight during the night goes as well . Fingers crossed Thumbs up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular