First period - how soon did you get yours!

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:32 pm 
Post subject: First period - how soon did you get yours!
Not sure if this is my period starting as today started with pink watery discharge. I am very irregular normally with usually between 1 and 3 periods per 12 months! So I am a bit surprised I seem to be getting mine so early.

When did you get your first?

Thank u.
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:29 am 
Post subject:
I was about to post the same question, I'm exclusively breastfeeding, my daughter is 11 weeks old and I started period during the night.

Does anyone know if this is normal, I thought bf stopped periods, and I've been googling and it says they usually return if cutting down on the amount of bf's. As it happens, Lo used to feed for around 20 minutes, but all of avsudden it's dropped to around 4 to 10 minutes - have also been having problems where she has been screaming during feeding, for which she has been prescribed gaviscon. I just hope she's getting enough milk Sadx
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:59 am 
Post subject:
I BF Sophie fir 6mknths & my period started a month later. I fell pregnant straight away & periods stopped again! Yeah
With Olivia, I was only able to BF 4 1st 4wks due to medical problems & period arrived about 2-3wks after I stopped.

Jonie - some woman do bleed even though they are BF. Nothing to worry about. Very Happy
Olivia was prescribed Gaviscon for acid reflux when she was 2wks old. Got so bad she was admitted to a children's hospital @ 3wk 4days. Is now on much stronger meds which is reviewed every 2wks as dose increases as her weight does. Hope your LO is managing on Gavisvon. Xx

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
[url=http://lilypie.com]
Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ozzy

She was doing ok, (started it last Thursday), however last night at 4pm, 7pm and 9pm feeds she started screaming again during the feeds after a couple of minutes, took a while to console her and then she went to sleep. I'm not sure whether I should be concerned or not because surely if she was hungry she would be crying? She woke me at 2am and 5am and only latched on for a couple of minutes both times. At 7am she managed around six minutes. Then 9am she managed 4 minutes. I truly have no idea what's going on. The 2am feedonwards there was no screaming or arching of the back, she just keeps pulling off and I put her back on again etc etc

X
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:13 am 
Post subject:
With my first it was about 6 weeks after I stopped breast feeding. Again with my second. As I couldn't breastfeed with Evie I had my first period when she was about 5 weeks old. And it was so heavy, really shouldn't have worn pale coloured trousers on a long trip in the car!
ozzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hun.
Everything you are describing I.e....screaming when feeding, on/off, arching back are signs of reflux. If ur LO is still presenting in this way, the Gaviscon may not be enough. This is why Olivia was admitted to hospital. The Gaviscon sachets made her worse. The dr said if there was no improvement after 4-6days, it's likely that it's not going to work.
Even though Olivia is on stronger meds, we still have very up/down days. Her meds have just been increased there on Wed & if no better by Monday, there thinking of admitting her to hospital again for more testing!
I would take ur LO back to see ur gp & explain what's been happening & that maybe Gaviscon isn't enough.
Let me know how you get on! Xx

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
[url=http://lilypie.com]
stephyallen
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hello my little girl is now 8 weeks old and ive just came on my period yesterday. this is my first child and im bottle feeding. I bled for a good 4/5 weeks after she was born too!

hope it helps Very Happy xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular