Maybe TMI but labia tears..

Vix101
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:47 pm 
Post subject: Maybe TMI but labia tears..
I wondered if anyone else had a torn labia? After giving birth 12 weeks ago I had 2nd degree tears x3 which were stitched in theatre. When I was at home I noticed a tear through the left labia right through it.

I went to the GP who said its natural to have a split in it... and its impossible that childbirth would have caused it. Don't get me wrong, I never used to spend a lot of time looking down there, but I'm so sure it wasn't there before! I don't know what to do now Sad It doesn't help that I can't tell if it would hurt on its own cos I can't seem to get rid of thrush (which hurts by itself) sorry for the long speech, but anyone else had this?
loulousmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
I tore there and they had to get a doctor to stitch it so it can happen although how come they didn't notice it at the time? X
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
I tore terribly too. Even had stiches in my clitoris. Think that there was a bit of panic trying to stop the bleed and some how or other it got dammaged too. So seems to me that it could possibly have been damaged/ripped when you gave birth.

Sounds like you've had a hard time of it. How are you coping? Bowel movements OK? Mine took months to return to normal. I also was really traumatised by it. Kept going over the birth in my head, wondering what I had done wrong.

Sounds to me like you have a pretty unhelpfull and unsympathetic GP. If you are still unsure and in pain then perhaps contacting the Heath Visitors Team or Midwife team then they can help you more.

Good luck x
Vix101
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 am 
Post subject:
@loulousmum.. thats what I thought, hence why I maybe thought the GP was right. Especially since I went to theatre so they had a good chance to 'look around' (urgh!) The gp i saw is really nice don't get me wrong, but in this case im just sure shes wrong.

To be honest the whole process has been [*@!#%*]. Initially I was given a midwife, I never saw her and saw a different one everytime, and was told she had other things to do like teach at uni..which i think is ridiculous if she's gonna be given as a named midwife. So none of them ever really knew me and visa versa. As for HV's, mine was lovely but has just gone off sick, so I don't know any of them either. Was a bit depressed post natally, so she was coming just to check up on me etc, since she went off sick, havent heard anything from the whole team, which is so nice when you want some support. Wow I'm ranting.

As for bowels, no thats not great either, seem to have piles which don't seem to be getting better. All in all, having a great time lol. At least my LO is sleeping through the night now! which makes all this a little easier to cope with.

As for the tear, I was googling it, and someone wrote that because it was a couple of months later they were told it couldnt be stitched. Thing is, my partner says the tear is almost down to the bottom, just held on by a little piece of flesh, he says it looks like it could rip at anytime, so I hardly dare move! Just don't wanna go back to the GP for them to tell me something along these lines.
LAC365
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry you've had such a hard time of it. No wonder you've been a bit depressed. If I was you I'd get back on to the Health Visitors Team and ask to see someone. Explain how you are feeling and what's happened. I'd also go back to the GP about your labia. GP's can make mistakes too.

As for the bowel movements, have you tried Fybogel? You can get it from the Pharmacy. Helped me a lot.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular