potty training

dobbo1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:37 pm 
Post subject: potty training
We have been potty training my 30mth old son for 2 weeks now he is very good a weeing in the toilet or potty but is constantly doing a poo in his pants i am getting to the point now where i'm not sure whether to go back to nappies or keep going..
Megmchugh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:38 pm 
Post subject: Keep going
Children have a great fear of doing a pooh in the toilet. One article I read suggested putting them on the toilet with thier nappy on when the are doinga pooh and so the get used to the ide, then to take the nappy off and put the pooh into the toilet so they can see it there.
I was lucky as my son got scared for a few days then did the 1st one in the toilet by mistake almost and never looked back since. So keep going and he will get there eventually. The weeing part seems easier! Another thing I did with my son was he sat on the loo for ages reading books etc so he got used to the idea of sitting there. Just a thought.
Hope this helps
Meg
megalamaniac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject: try this
I have been told to put a nappy in the potty because they dot like the sound of the wee or poo going into the potty.
Hope this helps and please take alook and try to reply to my post as i am having trouble with my daughter.
GOOD LOOK Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular