BFP - but how far along??

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject: BFP - but how far along??
I am completely shocked after nearly a year without periods, except for a provera one, I have just got a BFP! How do I know how far along I am though - are the clear blue digi dates accurate? Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 am 
Post subject:
They seem to be fairly accurate , although the most they go up to is 3+ which is 5 weeks + so not much help if you're more than that Laughing Your GP should be able to offer you an early dating scan though and if you were 12 weeks or more they would be able to feel your uterus through your stomach , congratulations Very Happy xx
GirlyEngland
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations! Clearblue seems to be quite accurate as Nat said, would be down the docs asap if i were you Very Happy

xx

Toobee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations - def a trip to the docs would be best, you may be much further on than you think. Good luck xxx
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks - I have an appointment on Tuesday! The clear blue says about five weeks! Smile
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
Drs appnt was good dr said I was between 5-10 weeks and have to have first ante natal ASAP.
Query - how long does that first appointment take? Will they book my first scan then?

Thanks!
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:29 am 
Post subject:
when i had mine it was about half an hour of form filling and medical history, but iv heard a few women on here say its now an hour as they talk about domestic violence aswell.

my mw phoned the hospital there and then to make an appt for a scan, but others just have to wait for a letter in the post. but they will probably try and get you in ASAP to determine how far along you are.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:59 am 
Post subject:
Depends on procedure in your area, where I used to live they came to your house for it and it was an informal chat and just filling out some forms , could have been around an hour, can't really remember cos at my last one I knew the midwife as she'd delivered my previous baby so there was a fair bit of gossiping and catching up too Embarassed Laughing He could have booked you an early dating scan direct with your local EPU though Question , and they can often be either that day or the next , might be worth ringing and asking about it as if you're 10 weeks your nuchal scan will be due soon and the midwives normally book that so it's not leaving much time Question xx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks I will call tomorrow and query it. I am leaving work for the appointment then I have to go back and wasn't sure how much time I needed. Seriously the doctor said he'll get me an appointment ASAP - but its in two weeks?!
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
After some bleeding at the weekend I have had two scans and although no one has said any specific dates it looks like I am about 5 weeks.

On the first one I only had a little sack (Sunday morning)which they said meant I was about four weeks.

Then today I had a sack, yok and little fetus type blob! The doctor was a little suprised. But I'm thinking that must mean I'm a little further on than they thought.

What do we recon?
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
I might be wrong but I think they usally only see all that when you're approximately 6 weeks. I dont think they can see the Feotal pole (sp) if you're less than that Question

Im sure someone will come along with some definite information.

Good luck hun. Wishing you a H & H 9 months xxx
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
Oh cant wait until my next scan (in ten days) I wont to be too worried to remember to ask this time! Very Happy

Just to add that when the sac was measured on Sunday it was 4mm and today it was 15mm - what a growth spurt!! This seems a bit crazy to me?!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 am 
Post subject:
About 5-6 weeks they can often see the sac and fetal pole, and around 6 weeks onwards they can see the heartbeat , they do grow very very quickly in the first few weeks and someimes do it in spurts rather than a gradual pattern , just had a quick look and 15mm sounds spot on for around 5-6 weeks or so Very Happy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular