Night formula

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am 
Post subject: Night formula
Hi. I was wondering if any of you give your LO's the specific formula meant for the night time bottle to help baby sleep better? As it gives them a more full feeling?
I started Kerry on it last night and it helped her to sleep alot better, but went to HV today and she rightly (?) said that I shouldn't as its very sweet and full of calories....
I don't always listen to HV, just go with my own feeling, but am not sure about this.
She is already a little bit chunky... Not hugely so, I'm not worried or anything as I've seen plenty bigger babies.. but don't want to go down the wrong route.
Thanks.

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Never heard of nighttime formula, they don't have it here...
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
I tried it with my 1st and she just seemed hungier, started waking more for food, and was having 8oz of that dollowed by 6oz of hungry milk 2 hours later,
I personally dont think it helps, but it may work for your Lo, Ho what you feel is right, only you as a mother know what is best for your child x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 am 
Post subject:
im not sure what night time milk you have over there but in th uk we have Hipp or Cow and gate and its normal formula with added cereals to fill them up longer.

I tried it with Sam but she didnt like it, and tbh i dont see the point when you can just give some cereals before bed.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 am 
Post subject:
My HV also suggested giving a supper of cereal before bed, but miracously that night suddenly started sleeping through from 7pm till 5:30am ish so I haven't bothered lol.

I would avoid anything with high sugar if at all possible as they have linked this to having a very swet tooth and high calorific diet when they get older, but how true that is I don't know.

You have to rememer that no matter what you give a baby, they will just sleep through when they are ready, for those that do it as young as a few weeks old, well thats amazing, but some don't manage it until well after their first birthday (and some I know its been their 2nd birthday before they have slept through).

I think rather than the amount of food, its more about sticking to a routine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular