TTC after Depo

MissSunshine78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:57 pm 
Post subject: TTC after Depo
Was just wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me. I had the Depo injection in May 07, didn't have it again (didn't agree with me), anyway we haven't used any contraception since then, still not pregnant. Am having a bit of a bleed every month, but am not ovulating.
Just want to hear other peoples experiences cause its really getting us both down.
Deb
startingagain
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi MissSunshine,

I was on depo twice, after my second child for two and a half years. I felt my body needed a break and was told it would take over a year to come out of my system, but I only had one period, soon found out I was pregnant. I had a miscarriage but was still pregnant I had been carrying twins and lost one.

After having my daughter I went back on the depo, this time I wasn't too good and was on it for 18 months, I didn't want anymore children so I got sterilised ( I have now madly enough had a reversal ). Shortly afterwards my daughter ( now 11) was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. She is lucky it is very mild, but I blame myself for not being more careful. I used to think about what the depo must have done to my system, to not have a period for all that time it's a miracle she's here at all.

Have you spoken to your GP about not ovulating ? did he say it's down to the depo ? were you ovulating before the depo ? like I said I was told a year to clear your system then the usual year to conceive before they'd look any further, but if your worried ask your GP or practise nurse, they can at least put your mind at rest .

Stay positive Good Luck

Donna x
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hey MissSunshine78 , I was on the depo for 5 years and had my last one in July 06. My nurse at the time said it can take up to 2yrs to get a period back but I was back on the go by Nov 06 and regular again by Jan 07. We used protection up until Oct 07 and got preggers first time. Remember that injection will have put things out of action down there for at least 3 months so it might just be taking a bit longer for you to get back to normal.
Just wanted to let you know that it worked out ok for me. Lots of luck!!! xxxxxxx
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for replying.
Hope your daughter is ok, do they think that it had anything to do with the Depo?
Have not spoken to my GP about me not ovulating, i've been using the ovulation kits, and they say i'm not, my GP told me to go back and see her in August if we haven't fallen pregnant by then (maybe this is because i'm 30 and so time is not really on our side). I don't know if i've ever ovulated cause i've always been on some form of contraception, i started the pill at 16, and was taking that until last may, then had depo, so my body has never had chance to do what it wanted really. Thats another thing that's worrying me, maybe i'm infertile, but it has nothing to do with depo.
Have you had your reversal done? How long have you been ttc?
Good luck to you too
xx
Thanks cjarchibald, that gives me hope that i might actually be able to get pregnant - well eventually. Its just really hard when everyone around you only has to look at their partners and they get pregnant.
How far along are you? Do you know whether its a boy or girl?
xx
startingagain
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:49 am 
Post subject:
My daughter is fine the average 11 year old, like I said it's very mild, just one side isn't 100% , so she'll never go to the olympics. I don't know if the depo had anything to do with how she is or me losing her twin but of course I always wonder and I'll always feel responsible as there was no other reason.

I hope things settle down soon for you and we hear of a BFP from you !!
Donna x
Suzannex
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:54 pm 
Post subject: same boat..
hey misssunshine, im pretty much in the same boat as you. my last depo injection was in june 2007. but had regular periods since.

Stil waiting to concieve!!!

Goodluck hun.. lots of baby dust Very Happy

xx
PlainJane
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi Miss Sunshine.

I've never really thought much about the depo but I'm in a similar situation. I've been on the pill since 15/16 then at 25 went on to the depo for 2.5 years, then came off and went back on pill for 6 months. I have had no contraception for 1 year now. TTC for 1 year with no luck. Do you think it could be something to do with the depo. I'm 29 now and its quite upsetting that time isn't on our side - I'm not passed it!!! But the dr did say "I wouldn't late long to conceive if I were you" - thanks, like I need telling. I was hoping that going on the pill for 6 months would kit start my cycle, what do you think?

I'm 21 DPO but had mild cramps everyday since period, hoping this is a sign! Finger's crossed and good luck to all. xxx
mzpink88
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:58 am 
Post subject:
hi ya

i was on the depo in 2005 untill early 2006 cause i felt it didnt agree with me then i went on the pill then i came end of 2006 and my periods just only came back to normal cycle about 6- 7 months ago. i'm ttc i have got my fingers crossed all the way.

and i got my fingers crossed for all the women that are ttc good luck t them all xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular