finding the trigger

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:49 am 
Post subject: finding the trigger
some nights Sam will wake up and come into my bedroom, i just get up and put her back. im not even sure she is awake, as she never talks or even seems aware of whats going on, and as soon as i put her back in bed shes asleep.

this doesnt happen every night, and some nights its once, some 2 or 3 times, and other nights she is back up as soon as iv got back into bed.

last night she slept through, the night before she got up once crying she couldnt find her baby (it was at the bottom of the bed) the night before she was up loads, and the night before that slept through.

she has the same bedtime routine of bath around 6-6:30, sometimes she is in for 5 minutes sometimes half an hour Laughing then bed with a story, so is always asleep by half 7. we have tea around 4:30-5, which she normally eats all of then will have pudding, so i cant see shes hungry and dont know when i would fit anything else in?

Angel78
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Could be night terrors. Lily-mae got these at about the same age and sometimes they were terrifying. Most of the time, she appeared awake but not with it or aware of what was going on and others she would be screaming and crying hysterically. Theres nothing that you can do apart from comfort them until they have settled again unfortunately but they do grow out of them eventually.

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, could it be something she is eating on those nights? Maybe something like cheese is making her dream? May be worth keeping a diary of food and activities for a couple of weeks and look for any pattern.
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
my Lo sleeps well but she has the odd day or days where she won't go to sleep for an hour or she wakes up crying or is up at 5. I think that they are like us and sometimes just can't sleep or are unsettled. There prob isn't much you can do except keep the consistnecy at bedtime and make sure shes warm and not hungry or thirsty.
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:29 am 
Post subject:
fc79 wrote:
Hi, could it be something she is eating on those nights? Maybe something like cheese is making her dream? May be worth keeping a diary of food and activities for a couple of weeks and look for any pattern.

well she had no cheese yesterday (didnt eat a lot anyway) and we had a perfect night. gonna try and keep her off cheese a few more days and see how we go. gonna be difficult though as she loves cheese

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular