jus found out preg!! excitement!

laura21
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:27 pm 
Post subject: jus found out preg!! excitement!
hi every1!

i jus got my pregnancy confirmed yesterday! ive been off the pill 7 weeks ttc and low n behold it has happened rather quickly! Very Happy

done a test tues nite.. the faintest of faint line appeared that i didnt even belive it was a line and the same on wed morn! went 2 docs wed morn and he done new test and confirmed a positive!!

so im approx 5 weeks! im very excited but very nervous incase i do sumthin wrong and sumthin goes wrong.. 4 instance ive jus seen a site here that says avoid hot baths! i love hot baths.

ud think doctors wud tell u all this!! Confused

the only symptons i have r cramps in belly and low back ache (had 4 2 weeks) ive had extremely sore nipples! been very tired and feelin sicky!

any1 in the same boat??????
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations Laura - really pleased for you Very Happy

dunno about the hot bath thing - I read the same thing and avoided them for the first 10-12 weeks, then started having them again cos by about week 16/17 was getting really nasty back pains and headaches, and baths really helped. I think u just have to be a bit careful about the temperature so baby doesn't get overheated, and you don't de-hydrate from sweating it out (so no saunas!!!).

there's loads of info on the web about do's and dont's, but in general your body will tell you what you need - if your stomach says 'drink milk' drink milk!! As long as you do the basics like giving up smoking and alcohol (or very very little alcohol!!) and making sure you get a decent healthy diet with plenty of vitamins and minerals, you'll be fine Very Happy
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
I only found out I was pregnant last week, and saw the dr on Tuesday. His attitude was don't worry about things, he said there was very few things you can do that would actually be dangerous, if something's going to go wrong it will, so not to stop doing everything. It was a great attitude and put my mind at rest. He was great. He made me relax a lot, just told me to rest if I need to, not so easy as I'm a teacher! I am nearly 6 weeks, and still paranoid about a lot of stuff, but trying to relax. I am just shattered all the time, and feeling abit off certain foods.

Enjoy being pregnant and try not to stress (a bit pot calling kettle black) but if you need to chat, sounds like we;re in similar situations.

LD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular