lo wont drink anything but milk :(

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 am 
Post subject: lo wont drink anything but milk :(
i have tried everything with him from juice to plain water but since he was born he has never been intrested in drinking anything but his milk......anyone gt any ideas i could try to get him to as his urine is very smelly and he is really struggling to poo, which is even worse since he has been on 3 solid meals a day. xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:27 am 
Post subject:
have you tried offering his water/juice warm? its the only way i could get sam to drink it at first.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:30 am 
Post subject:
also she wouldnt take it from a bottle, i had a tommee tippee free flow beaker and used to tip it up to her mouth and some would go in and some she would spit out

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:40 am 
Post subject:
yeah i always warm it bt no luck i have brought him a beaker so i mite try that out, thankyou

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
zachariahsmummy wrote:
yeah i always warm it bt no luck i have brought him a beaker so i mite try that out, thankyou

i think they associate bottle with milk, so get frustrated when milk doesnt come out. when i switched sam from bottle to beaker for milk, i had to get a different type of beaker, as she wouldnt drink it from her water beaker Rolling Eyes

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
She will take it when she is ready. Beth would never drink anything but milk and now will drink anything when she is thirsty my 11 month old is the same. When they are thirsty they wil drink. But it just takes time and patience x

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
I found with Alex he wanted to copy what I was doing. So I put some water in a normal mug and drank from it making really slurpy noises and pretend laughing, then put the cup to his mouth and after only 3 or 4 attempts of this he drank some. He now takes some water at most meal times and sometimes even in between. Some days he'll have loads other days hardly any.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular