Finger foods

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:57 pm 
Post subject: Finger foods
Hi ladies

Could anyone advise some good finger foods to give my lo. She has finally started using hands a lot more (yaaaaaay) and picking stuff up off high tray and grabbing spoon whilst being fed so I think she's ready. I've given her rice cakes and she's tried some toast, I'm still at the phase of worrying she might choke!!

She has mashed/pureed food for both lunch & tea and I'm thinking it's time to give her some sort of finger foods for tea instead.

Also, has anyone tried there lo with egg? I know it has to be well cooked etc, do you give them a full one?
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, my baby eats a full egg but he is a piggy! Omlette is great finger food my lo also loves roasted potato wedges, pieces of orange, melon, bread, cheese, crackers, banana, cooked sticks of carrott, roast parsnip, anything and everything really! Its fun, except when they go through a phase of throwing it all on the floor just to get a reaction like my lo is at the moment!
Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks. How old is your lo?!? Did you do the purée route or did you go straight to baby led weaning?
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
i used to give sam boiled egg cut into quarters and she would just squash the yolk in her hands Laughing i asked my hv as i read somewhere not to give it til 9-12 months, but she said as long as there was no family allergies then it would be fine from 6 months.

pasta tube or twirls are good. pieces of cheese, or cheese triangles, pieces of cooked carrot sticks, cooked brocolli or cauliflower, bread sticks, cucumber (i used to cut the green off in case she choked), melon, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, mango (asda do pre packed mango sticks)

anything really! i did purees then finger foods from 7 months.

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
He is 10 months now, I started him with purees at 4 months then started offering finger foods around 6 months, I started with them additional to meals so either after or as a snack as I found he was always so hungry and loved his food so much that he didnt get as much if I gave him finger foods as a meal at first.
Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies. I gave her a boiled egg tonight quarters. She ate a bit and then got frustrated as it kept slipping from hands so I mashed the rest and she ate the lost with a few beans Smile

I'll try the other suggestions, I was unsure about breadsticks with them being hard, I gave one to her today then whippedir back off her lol xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular