Sitting up?

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:02 pm 
Post subject: Sitting up?
Hiya Very Happy

How old was everyone's LO's when they started sitting up? Mia is 7 month on 13th of this month and was wondering if it was a cause for concern as she wasn't sitting up yet? I'm probs just being stupid lol Xx
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Im sure Aimee was about 8 months before she sat up herself. Is it bad that i cant remember ? haha

I was doing my very first ever babysitting shift ( at the age of 37 haha ) for fifi the mod on here and her little girl is 8 months and isnt sitting up herself yet xx
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Sebastian was about 4.5 months when he could do it unaided. But I wouldn't worry, everyone's baby is different. Smile

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
Nicola- no its not bad at all that u can't remember lol everyone forgets hehe, I have nothing to worry about then really if other babies aren't sitting up and they over 8 month etc pheww put my mind at rest lol Smile xx

Iysianassa- wow really? Bless him, yeah that's true Smile xx
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, really. Was walking at 8.5 months thankfully so I could put him in nursery and rolled over by himself at 6 weeks. However, he was 9 months old when he got his first tooth.

My cousin's baby is 6 months old and can't roll over yet. My first nephew was 11 months I think when he first sat up so I really wouldn't worry too much.

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Wow such a clever little lad you have Smile and thanks hun that's helped reassure me a lot Smile xx
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Flick was about 5 1/2 months. But she didn't start rolling until about 10months and started walking at about 13months.
Every baby is different so please don't worry about it Smile
Caz3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, my LO will be 7 months on the 22nd of this month, and is not sitting up. But he is crawling just about Shocked he is getting up on all fours and can get from 1 side of my bed to the other!!! He's my earliest to do this. But they are all different is what I'm trying to get around to saying, and I wouldn't worry at all! My friend who had her baby 1 week before me - her LO is sitting up and has 2 teeth! Mine has no teeth yet! X x x
Theosmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Annabelle was about 5 and a half months when she started to be able to sit unaided but she still can't pull herself up into sitting position. Theo started pulling himself up into sitting position from lying down when he was about 8 months frpm what I remember.

I think I read somewhere that if a baby can't sit unaided by 9 months then you need to have a word with your hv. I'm sure your LO will be fine by then though Smile

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
HIya, mine was 5.5 months, BUT he had great neck control from around 4 weeks and was trying to sit on his own but on my lap from about 12 weeks. I found, he seemed to find it easier to sit on my knee with just 1 of my hands on his waist for support, he was doing this from around 4 months.

However, he's now 9 months and not quite crawling whereas I have lots of friends that have younger babies that are crawling andf some are even cruise walking so, it all shakes up in the end.

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
Can I ask, is sitting unaided classed as when they can pull themselves into the seated position? Charlotte is 8.5 months (altho 5 weeks early), and can sit on own if I put her in that position, but doesn't pull herself up into it. She's not rolling onto her belly yet either, well apart from the odd attempt!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular