Early morning waking

Theosmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 am 
Post subject: Early morning waking
Annabelle is now just over 7 months and she has decided that 5.30-6am is time to wake up for the day! Shocked Shocked Shocked

She goes to bed between 7-8pm and self settles well. She then generally sleeps all night but likes to get up at this ungodly hour! (I am not a morning person Laughing Laughing )

I have tried leaving her but she won't go back to sleep - she just carries on yelling until I get her up at 7am.

I think the problem stems from her naps. She fights sleep during the day and will generally only nap when we are out and about in the buggy or car seat. We are out and about quite a bit because of Theo's various activities. She also doesn't have set times for her naps and doesn't nap for a certain amount of time.
I have tried to get her into a nap routine but I'm finding it virtually impossible!

Its not the light mornings as she has blackout blinds in her room.

was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a miracle solution?

Please don't tell me she is just one of those babies who needs less sleep or I will cry! Laughing

Thanks ladies x

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am 
Post subject:
To be honest, I think this is a good amount of sleep, this is coming from someone whose lo has taken to being wide awake at 3am!!! You could try making the bedtime a little later, but I really don't think a 6am wakeup is that early.

I'll be interested in any suggestions tho, as my lo been waking up at silly o'clock for weeks, probably due to teething, but I'm sooooo shattered, not sure how much longer I can go on with 3am starts!!

Xx
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 am 
Post subject:
Sorry I don't think there is a magic forumula Sad

Alex (now 9 months) has just started sleepig through most nights and is also the same, today for example iy was a 04:45am start Shocked . I have found that moving his bedtime actually makes it worse and he goes to waking back up in the night.

What 'used' to work for him was to put his mobile on and he'd lay and watch it and then fall asleep, this no longer works.

Have you tried a bit of milk or water in case she is thirsty?

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 am 
Post subject:
I agree that 6am isn't very early especially for a 7pm bedtime. you could put the bedtime forward a bit but it might not help. I found with my little girl that once she started crawling and cruising she slept longer at night but her naps stayed the same so in a few months you might naturally see that change.
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 am 
Post subject:
Lol - babies are so funny aren't they Smile When I was on maternity leave, Kimberley was in bed probably around 10pm and getting up at 9am - yay Very Happy but she then changed herself a couple of months ago and started going to bed around 7.30pm and waking up any time between 5.30am and 7am. Luckily though, if it is 5.30am we can leave her and she will drop back off to sleep hehe x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular