Potty training driving me mad!

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm 
Post subject: Potty training driving me mad!
So we started potty training on Sunday.
Day 1: 3 accidents and 1 wee on the potty
day 2: 3 accidents and 2 on potty
day 3: 2 accidents and 2 on potty. That night she took her night time nappy off and put in bin, put her pyjamas back on and went back to bed. Dry bed in morning.
day 4: accidents all day and says she doesn't want toilet when asked. Wet bed at night
day 5: accidents all day but has used potty to do a pea sized poo. Wet bed on afternoon nap.

I feel like she started so well. The wees on the potty she took herself to the potty and did it all herself. We praised her and gave her stickers when she used the potty, but she she seems to have gone back wards. Any help would be great. She is 29 months. Thanks

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Avril went back and forth about being good with the potty, it took weeks and weeks before she consistantly used the potty (which was a few weeks ago). She had periods where she even acted like she was scared of the potty. Just stick with it, it will get better.

As for sleeping, I think at first it's best to put a nappy on, even for a short nap, because it's a lot harder for them to control that.
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:38 am 
Post subject:
She took her nappy off the first night she went without and then refused to wear one at night, that's why she hadn't been wearing one for sleeping. Last night she asked to wear one.
Well after i wrote this post she used the potty for a number 2!
This morning we have one accident and one use of potty. She will get there, i was just getting a bit down yesterday!

Trying81andThomas
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sally

I think it just takes time and lots of patience and praise etc. It is frustrating I know. Does she know when she wants to go or given you indication she is ready?
A work friend has a book on how to potty train in a week and have asked to borrow it. Worked for her 2 girls.

I decided to try and start potty training Thomas last week. I've had the potty around for a while and he sees and 'copies' other children at nursery so he knows what it is used for etc.

Day 1,every time i changed his nappy I asked him to sit on potty and left him nappy free for a while. Randomly he just did a wee stood up! Lots of praise but then asked for his nappy back on.
Day 2, nothing at all. Just asked for another nappy when I took the wet one off and wouldn't sit on potty apart from when dressed
Day 3 same as day 2
Day 4 and 5 at nursery and asked them to put him on potty after each change which was apparantly not passed over to other staff.

Lets just say week one was a fail! Don't think he is actually that ready or just lazy. He can quite happily sit around in a wet and dirty nappy and not bother. ARRGGHH

Also, as me and his dad have split up, he has 2 houses and nursery so he really needs consistency and considering his dad still hasn't changed his cot to a bed yet then he has no hope!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular