accidents

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:43 pm 
Post subject: accidents
sam has been potty trained for 9 months now, and is really quite reliable, and can hold it.

but the last 2 days she has wet herself, and both times she has been next to the toilet. the first time yesterday she was in her bedroom and said she needed a wee, then she wet herself in the bathroom. (which is next door to her bedroom) quite often we will be out and she will say she needs a wee, and by the time we get to a toilet she has forgotten about it, so i dont think she is leaving it til the last minute.

tonight she has done it and had been to the toilet less then an hour before, and it was still a lot of wee.

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry, I have only just started with potty training with Carlo - my first so have no advice. Maybe its just something they go through? Anything upset her? xxx

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, it could just be a phase, but if it carries on for another day or 2 it might be worth a check at the doctors as it can be a sign of urine infection when they suddenly start having accidents after being good for a while. Could it just be that she is distracted doing other things and cant be bothered to go in time?
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
it could be that she is just pushing how far she can hold it. i did wonder about an infection but would have thought she would be having more accidents? she seems really upset about it when it happens so i know its not attention seeking.

i will keep an eye on her for signs of being unwell, but at the moment im just making a big fuss of her when she does get to the toilet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular