Cow and gate and runny poo

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 pm 
Post subject: Cow and gate and runny poo
Hi

My LO is on cow and gate but the past couple of days he's had runny poo and is crying when he's doing it...I know their poo can be loose but ima bit worried about him being in pain...could it just be wind? When he passes wind down the way he cries a fair bit too.
You wouldn't think I'd done all this before Embarassed Can't remember what my dd was like...

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
ive been experiencing similar problems with my newborn, although hes breastfed atm, was thinking maybe i was eating something which he didnt agree with, but he was the same when i tried bottles...will be looking out for a reply as i too have done this before, but have no idea what im doing lol, congrats on your new arrival XX
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Alex goes through stages of doing this, doesn't normally last more than a couple of days. Last time I spoke to the doc about it and he said don't worry unless its been more than a week. Not that thats much help when your baby is crying.

I find when he's having one of these stages if I hold him whilst he does his nappy he is a little happier.

kelchatters
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

I had this when my little one was on Cow and Gate, I swapped milk and put him on SMA and he has been much better Never found out what the issue was. Also when he was on C&G he would take small feeds, but on SMA he has been much better even had a huge 8oz bottle the other day!!

It could maybe be wind? Griped stomach?

xxxx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
My little mans pops have always been runny with C&G as it contains GOS and FOS (which are best described as prebiotics) so I always just put it down to that.

If you are at all concerned speak to your doctor as it may just have an upset stomach.
Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies ladies, luckily it only lasted 2-3 days, hes fine now Very Happy HV just said to keep an eye on it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular