Reusable Nappies

Faerydae
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 pm 
Post subject: Reusable Nappies
I'm thinking of using reusable nappies for the money savings as we'll be on a very tight budget so just wondering other people's experience of using them?

Also, we don't have much money to invest in them and I found these on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170812278354?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648#ht_3477wt_1344

I think they're babyland ones? I've read mixed reviews on them elsewhere but wondering if anyone here has used them?
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 am 
Post subject:
I use real nappys with Belle most of the time. Espeially since we now only have our bins collected every 2 weeks now. Mad

Ive not used these ones but they look a bit like the mommas touch that i have.
Ive tried a few different ones(i get the tril packs) i like the look of those ones actually, i may have to save up and get some my self Smile

I got terrys nappys from ebay (bright tots ones) They r realy funky.

Id defo recommend real nppys to everyone coz disposable nappys r not bio degradable. (if henry the 8th had worne them they would still be in a land fill 2day!!)

My local council do a free trail where they send you 14 different ones to try, that way you can see what style you prefer. They also help find the oes you want at a discounted price. (you use to get some money back as well but the government have stopped that now i think- or may be just r council)

lysianassa
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:03 am 
Post subject:
If you wanted, I've got some reusuable nappies that I never used with Sebastian. I don't know what size they are but they're still in their box. I didn't like the idea of resusable nappies so they never got used (I'm lazy Laughing )

sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:12 am 
Post subject:
i use real nappies, love them love them love them, ive used every brand out there i think, the 2 part nappies are good till LO starts to move, we use pop in's, ive also got a good stash of tots bots pockets, i find the nappy wrap or pocket are much the same from exspensive to cheaper brands it the pad or insert that fits in is the key, if you can find some cheap prefolds id put those in the pockets rather than the cheaper pad, there are always loads on ebay that have been pre used as long as you dont mind something thats been washed you should be ok,

best wishes

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 am 
Post subject:
also, you will never need 50 nappies !!! gosh thats loads, full time you need about 20-30 nappies if you wash twice a week,

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Faerydae
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:54 am 
Post subject:
thanks everyone Smile think I'll go for these then when I have the money!

in reviews I've found about these ones I think the main problems were the inserts that come with them, I did find better looking inserts that I was going to order but if prefolds work just as well then I'll order those instead, think I saw them on tescos website quite cheap actually!

haha I wasn't sure how many I'd need so found the biggest set there was, that seller does do them in smaller lots so now I know I think I'll get a smaller set, just didn't want to get too little and find myself spending half my time washing nappies! haha
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
i also find that the small or newborn prefolds are better for pockets rather than the larger ones as they are slimer between legs ....for night time you can double up on your prefolds orfind a booster ....tots bots do a pocket booster thats good i found i could get my prefold into the tots bots booster then that in pocket for night time, if the iside part of the nappy that touches baby bottom isnt fleece id get some and cut liners out of it, the fleece is so much better for bots as well as all washable, no point in spending 3 a week on liners when you can get washable ones

Xavier lifes pure joy
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I use bambino mios and would recommend them to everyone! I bought the birth to potty pack second hand from a friend who had only used a few of them for 40, thats about a month or 2 worth of disposables and we're now on month 11, so huge money saving! I wash every 3 days and find they never give him nappy rash and he never smells of wee, which I find the disposable ones often have that chemically wee smell when they've been on an hour or so. I fold mine and put a liner on each one as soon as they are washed and dry then stack them ready to use, easy! They also dry really quickly inside and out (I dont have a tumble dryer) So many people thought I was mad when I said I was going for reusables and I got loads of comments of, we'll see how long that lasts, but that just made me determined to make it work! I think if you go for it full on from the beginning it just becomes part of your routine.
K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 am 
Post subject:
I used Bumgenius birth to potty pocket nappies with DS and decided to get some cheap eBay ones as spares...they leak really bad and don't seem to fit very well. I know a few other people who've had bad experiences with cheap eBay nappies too. I would recommend spending a bit more and getting a well known brand like tots bots, bumgenius, little lamb etc. as you'll save money in the long run. Maybe if this seller sells packs of 5 then get 5 to try along with disposables for the 1st couple of weeks to see how they go before committing so much money in a non-brand, they may work for you then you could buy more but at least if they don't you've not wasted too much money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular