E.A.S.Y

jillylily85
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am 
Post subject: E.A.S.Y
I have just read the baby whisperer book, and I have my son on the 3 hour easy routine as he is 3 months . its ok, however i do feel he doesnt need to be fed every three hours because when i got to feed him he only takes a few ounces then doensnt want the rest.

He is 14 weeks tomorrow, do you think its is too soon to put him on the 4 hour easy routine? and will he get enough milk (he is 7 ounces and 8 at bedtime. he normally goes down about 9.30 til 7.00

Im not to sure about starting a dream feed but if i start just doing 4 feeds a day instead of 5 i will need to do this wont i??????

Confused.com

P.S i cant believe that Tracy Hogg passed away in 2004 i watched all her episodes religously Smile
jillylily85
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
Any advice is welcome/ or if anyone else follows this routine would like to know if it worked for them
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Never followed it but if your baby isn't hungry after 3 hrs then i would leave him longer and he will probably take more , I did do dream feeds before anyone even called them that Laughing just as a top up when I was going to bed and found it worked quite well and generally got me at least 6 hrs of uninterrupted sleep,
If he's not getting enough food he will let you know soon enough Smile good luck xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
i wouldnt worry too much about sticking to a feeding routine, and how many bottles he is having, just go with what he wants.

i never did a dream feed, as i think once you start you have to get them off it, and they get used to it, so if you stop then they might start waking up.

my daughter was on 4 x 7/8oz feeds about the same age as your lo, and would go 12 hours at night.

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
We are just following the routine loosely because her nap times vary from 30 mins to 3 hours! Also she is breast fed so obviously don't know quantities. She sleeps 7-6ish (well for the past week) so must be getting enough. I do the routine about 2-4 times a day but gets mucked up if we are going out and so I try to fill her up before we go.

If he's sleeping that well I wouldn't add in a dream feed because like Steph said, you've got to wean them off it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular