potty training

amie41
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:01 am 
Post subject: potty training
hello

i bought my son a potty n he wont sit on it so i bought him a toilet seat n he wont sit on that, he does after a while but he will notngo to toilet on it weve sat there for a hour before now and nothing any tips please?
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
how old is he hun? xXx
amie41
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
hes now 2 year and 1 month x
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:15 am 
Post subject:
is he showing any signs in being ready for potty/toilet training? telling yoou he has been forexample?

i think ive just about cracked it with my 3rd, he is dry day and night, but cant wer pants lol he still has a fair few accidents if he has pants on, but is fine in trousers n no pants lol we r working our way up to pants!

he is still quite young so dont expect miracles, he will need patience and consistancy.
tbh with all of mine so far i have just let themrun around naked, then when they have had an accident, ive sat them on the potty (even if they egt straight back up again!) while i clean up n just say wee on potty, then if he does sit on the potty make a fuss, tell him he is a good boy etc. he will eventually get the hang of it, or if u catch him mid wee sit him onthe potty!
also, if u do catch him mid wee, if u tellhimto stop, does he? even for a sec? as this would show there is some bladder control?

if u are having real trouble in getting him to sit on either potty or toilet then u could get him a potty toy? a special toy he is only allowed to play with on the potty?
for my eldest we got a little tabletop easel so he could play with it sitting on thepotty, but he was ONLY allowed it then! that worked for him Smile
dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:36 am 
Post subject:
Amy wasn't interested in the potty at all when we first bought one, it just sat in the corner of the bathroom for ages until she decided she was interested. I thought Amy was ready for a potty just after she turned two as she hated being wet and could hold her wee in until she got a nappy on and always told me when she was going to wee or poo but she just wasn't interested. Like everything else though I knew she would do it in her own time. She finally decided she didn't want nappies anymore one day a few months ago and that was it, she never had one again, day or night! I would say just let him have a try on it but without any pressure and if he's really not interested just try again in a few weeks. Good luck

Jump to:  

Community

Popular