advise on weaning

delly2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject: advise on weaning
hi my baby is 4 month old on the 13th of this month and he is showing all the signs of wanting food, not sure if i should wait or try him with some rice or porride, i tried my eldest son at 4 month but he was sick alot so i waited till he was 5 and half months, my baby now is a much bigger weight so dont know what to do for the best,as anyone got any advise please? Confused
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Being a bigger weight doesn't necessarily mean they need more food. My son was 20lb at 4 months but I kept him exclusively bf until he was 6 months.

However, saying that - only you can know if you think your lo is ready for it. If you think his ready then it may well be that he is. Could you ask your hv?

kelchatters
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
I have just started weaning my little one at 5 months old. He was also showing all the signs. Do what you think is right, to be honest I don't see the harm in it with bland foods such as porridge, baby rice. I have been having issues with my little boy sleeping during the night, gave him baby rice yesterday and he slept 7pm-6am this morning!!!

If your not comfortable with the food, have you got him on hungry milk? xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular