11 month old waking up earlier than usual

natalien
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:37 am 
Post subject: 11 month old waking up earlier than usual
hi everyone in need of some advice my 11 month old son has recently started waking up every morning around 6-6.30 this is so out of character as he usually sleeps in until half 7 and just after some advice to what i could do i know hes not waking up out of hunger because when he wakes up he'll just play happily until his bottle is due around 8 and even then he doesnt cry for it i just bring it to him. here is his routine

8am- 6oz bottle then baby porridge (i make him 2 tablespoons with about 2oz of whole milk mixed in)
10-11am- half an hour nap
12pm- 4oz bottle and 180g of a fruity jar
3-3.30pm- hour nap
4.45pm- 190g pasta based lumpy jar and a fromage frais yoghurt
7.30pm- 6oz bottle
8-8.15pm- bed time

just wanted to add he is deffo not being underfed i am feeding him the maximum i can literally two spoonfuls more or an extra oz of milk will make him throw up as my sons eyes are bigger than his belly so will never refuse food and instead will eat and eat until he throws up then eats more!

thank you Smile

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:09 am 
Post subject:
could you try cutting one of his naps out? babies need less sleep as they get older, so if hes getting sleep in the day, he will sleep less at night?

i know you say that if he eats too much he is sick, but he doesnt seem to be eating a lot. my daughter was having more then 2 tablespoons baby porridge at 6 months, by 1 she would eat a baby bowl full of ready brek, rice crispies or a whole weetabix, often with fruit and a yoghurt.

not sure how much she had for meals, as she had whatever i was cooking, but she was also gettimg snacks in between.

i would try splitting the milk and food up, as if he has a belly full of milk, then you add food on top he will probably be sick.

natalien
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi yes he deffo is getting enough I get him weighed every 4 months and he's permanently above his line in his red book and he's very happy in himself never ever cries for food and when he wakes in the morning he's full of beans and very happy and playful, I've tried changing when I feed him to see if it helps but no luck I may cut his afternoon nap down to half an hour and see where we go from there... Wish me luck! Smile

natalien
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:03 am 
Post subject:
Sorry that should say I get him weighed every 4 weeks lol x

natalien
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi change of plan with George this morning instead of giving him his usual baby porridge with 2ox of whole milk I gave him a whole cow n gate wheaty biscuit (weetabix really) with 100ml (4oz) of whole milk let's see if this does anything...

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
I'd say he wasn't getting enough solid food. I did baby led weaning with Sam and didn't start until he was 6 months old. He was probably 8 months old before he started to really "eat" food, and he was 9 months old before he started sleeping through the night (after previously waking every 2-4 hours).

This is an example of what he eats now:

wakes at 7am. 20 min Breastfeed.
7.30am breakfast cereal (such as mini weetabix or shreddies that he can grab himself) quite a big portion with full fat milk.
10.00am 30 minute nap
10.30am 15 min Breastfeed
11.00am a little snack, either a babybel cheese or a slice of toast.
12.30pm Lunch. Today he ate a third of a quiche followed by two nectarines.
3.00pm Another 30 minute nap
3.30pm 15 min Breastfeed
5.00pm Tea. Today we're having chilli and rice and he will eat a HUGE portion followed by a sliced banana with custard.
6.00pm Bath
6.30pm 6oz formula
7.00pm Bed.

Sam eats like a horse, despite being very little for his age. He's still only in 6-9 month clothes despite being one in a few weeks.

natalien
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi well since I last posted I upped georges breakfast from baby porridge to a whole baby weetabix mixed with 4oz of whole milk since this he has started sleeping in till 8 every morning but the past 2 days he's been waking up earlier again so upping his food again today.
Also about how much he eats I know he's getting enough as health visitors are more than happy with his weight (got him weighed wed n he's now 20 pound 3 and he's more than above his line) ans he's also a little chunk lol Smile

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Natalien - you have to remember that it's the milk (and calcium products) that WILL make him gain weight - but not necessarily fill him up. Sam was waking all the time until he was eating more "real" food that stayed in his tummy longer before being digested. Breakfast cereal is great because it's filling but also mixed with their milk means they're getting the nutrition and calories they need to grow.

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
I wonder if this is why Charlotte wakes at 5.30, has a bottle at 6.30 of 6oz and then goes back to sleep just after 7am. Someone asked today if I'm feeding her enough and I think I am, and shes having the following schedule:

5.30am. Wake
6.30am. 6oz
7.30am. 40min sleep
8.30am. 3/4 weeatabix or a few tablespoons of porridge
10.30am. 3oz
12pm. Round of toast, yoghurt, fruit
1.00pm. Sleep 40min
2.30pm. 4oz
5pm. 3 or 4 tablespoons food, yoghurt, fruit
6.30am. 3oz
7pm. Sleep

I think I need to stop a bottle but when xx