ear wax

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:45 am 
Post subject: ear wax
sam has always suffered with lots of wax in her right ear. it is so bad you can actually see great big chunks of it. it must really be bothering her as she wont even let me clean the outside of her ear, she flinches and says it hurts.

when i have mentioned it to the doctor she said it was fine, and just to leave it.

amie41
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
hun my LO has same problem go ot doctors and say you want olive oil based ear drops work a treat x
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:32 am 
Post subject:
i was always told not to clean out ear wax with buds cos it can push it further in. my daughter had the opposite problem hers was dry and flaky.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
jenneve wrote:
i was always told not to clean out ear wax with buds cos it can push it further in. my daughter had the opposite problem hers was dry and flaky.

i never actually put the cotton bud in her ear, just wipe it round the outside of the hole, to get rid of all the dried on wax and dirt. (makes her sound dirty, shes not Laughing )

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
If she's saying it hurts just to touch near her ears I would take her back ?
As her ears may be sore for another reason as well that the wax is masking Question (my DD who had glue ear always hated her ears being touched but she had no other symptoms until she got hearing loss so we never made a connection Question )
My mum used to use warm olive oil in mine to get the wax to come out Question don't know how good it worked mind you Laughing but it didn't hurt Question
Can you not get drops for the chemist for it Question xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular