She keeps getting up.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:01 pm 
Post subject: She keeps getting up.
Belle is 21 months and has always been very good at bed time, shes always gone straight to sleep and from about 8 months old shes slept all night.

Shes been in a big girl bed now for a few months and has been totaly fine. Never getting up and going straight to bed.

But the past week shes been getting up loads everytime i put her to bed. The first time she did it she was going for 2 hours and got up over 30 times (thats when i stopped counting)!!!

Ive been doing the whole supper nanny bed time thing.
1st time- " Its bedtime Belle"
2nd time- "Bedtime"
3rd time onwards- nothing

Im not having any luck with it, she still gets up. For a few night s she only got up for about the first half hour but then last night it lasted an hour.

To begin with i think she thought it was a game coz she'd snigger when i went up, but now as soon as i get up stairs she runs back to her bed and put her head on the piillow but wont get in bed. I grab her bum swing her in and leave. Shes started screaming now the second i let go of her. She gets straight up and opens the door and sits on the floor (we have gate on her room so she cant get out)

Any one got any other ides?

Im getting realy fed up and its making me tired running up and down the stairs so many times (i know i need to lose weight but not like this-lol)

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
i have stages like this with sam.

i would say if she cant get out of her room then just leave her, keep going up is giving her attention, so if you dont go up she will eventually get bored and go to sleep. thats what i do with sam, i give her the warning that if i have to go up again then i will shut the door, and if she gets up again i put her in bed and shut the door, but i dont talk to her. she has been known to scream for up to half an hour, when she either gives up or falls asleep Laughing

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thanx i will give this a try 2nite. I never thought of it as a way of getting attention b4. I dont tlk to her after the 2nd time (i dont even give her eye contact- im mean Laughing )

Belle has her bedroom door closed anyway but she can open it (even with her hands full of teddys, her water and dummys! )

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
Am afraid it just take persistence!

We had this with Sophia. She had been sleeping in her bed fine for months and then suddenly one night she realised she could get up out of her bed to find us and it became a brilliant game!

We just had to be consistent and persistent. It took a good few weeks of keep putting her back in bed and it got worse before it got better, with a week or so of it improving, then it got worse for a week or two, to the point that we felt like giving up and was about to try something new, then one day, it just seemed to click and she stayed in bed! Didnt look back from there, she is brill at night now. (except the odd trip down the stairs for a wee now fully toilet trained, which can get silly sometimes but mostly pretty good)

You will get there, you just have to ride it out, and as i say, it does get worse before it gets better. But if you keep to your strategy, she will get the message eventually and give up.

Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Hope she gets there soon for you, let us know how you go.

Mandy xx
pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
We have the same with Oliver, once he realised he could open the door he was out so we had to put the stair gate on his door. His room is right next to the stairs and I also wouldn't want him roaming around at night. We just put him to bed and ignore him when he gets up and eventually he just gets back into bed and falls asleep x

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
well 2nite she actually stayed in bed! Very Happy

I hope that it stays that way.

I am a bit worried though coz we r going on holiday in 2 weeks so will prob upset the whole thing again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular