Breast feeding

alexjames101
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 pm 
Post subject: Breast feeding
what does everyone think about breast feeding at a young age? Most young people ( 18 year old) think that breastfeeding would cramp their style. I had a young boy 2 days ago and got really used to breast feeding, think im right or am i silly. x
GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your little boy and well done for breastfeeding despite what others might say. You are giving your baby the best start. If you are happy to carry on then do so, it's up to you, not the people around you. Good luck X

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:27 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations for your baby and also massive congratulations on breast feeding, your son is really getting the best stuff possible and it should help him thrive. Ignore the others they are being silly, if your old ebnough to have a baby your old enough to bf. Not only that you can do it anywhere no need to carry botltles around with you and its cheaper.

Keep it up if you can. xxx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
I really enjoy breastfeeding and it gives baby a great start in life! Well done you and ignore others - if you are confident doing it then carry on - no-one can say it 'cramps style' - it's a simple act of feeding baby! Smile x

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
i think youre right in saying that many young mums choose to go straight to the bottle as they think its easier.

as someone who has done both ( although i gave expressed milk rather than formula) breastfeeding is so much easier - i found the first week hard but then got into a rythem and its so much better than sterilising and waiting for the milk to warm up and for example today i went to a friends house, i only planned to be there an hour but then she offered me lunch and we had a great time, if id have been bottle feeding i wouldve had to have said sorry ive got to go home as i didnt bring another bottle!

keep it up! Very Happy

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
it is natural, so care about what other people think, your boobs are there to feed your baby,

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:49 pm 
Post subject:
I think a lot of young people dont know all the benifits on breast feeding.
They have prob grown up seeing far to many formular adds on tvs etc and think thats the norm.

Dont let what others say or think put you off. Your doing an amazing brilliant thing.

Boobs r there to feed your bby after all.

Congratulations on the birth of your LO by the way. x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular