Sticky eyes

Nomechompski
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:05 pm 
Post subject: Sticky eyes
Hi everyone.

Scarlett has really sticky eyes at the moment. Sometimes the stickyness gets dry and it's as if her eyes are stuck together bless her Sad I've been using cooled boiled water and cotton will to wipe it away and it seemed to be getting better but today it seems to be reccuring quite often and I'm worried it's bad for her eyes!

I'm aware most babies get this because her tear ducts aren't properly formed. There just seemed to be quite a lot today and hardly any yesterday. Has anyone else had experience with this?

Naomi xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
If it doesn't clear up with just the warm boiled water then you can get cream for it, some babies will get it worse than others if they have especially narrow ducts , it normally clears up as they get a bit bigger xx
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
yeah all 4 of mine had this when they were 1st born, is the MW still coming out to see u? i would maybe mention it to her so she can see if it maybe needs some drops or something. like i said all 4 of mine had it and as u said i was told it was coz of small tear ducts but only Hollys got infected n needed treatment, the others went away byitself with regular cleaning as you are doing Smile xXx
StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Are you breastfeeding? Breast milk is fab at clearing up sticky eyes Smile xx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Josh had this. I took to docs and he suggested i massage the corner of his eye with my little finger in a circular motion. (the bit closest to the nose) I did this, and it cleard almost straight away! Previous to that, i ahd been using cool boiled water for a week! Wish i'd known about massaging the duct sooner!

Hope it works for you too,

Mandy xx
Nomechompski
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:32 am 
Post subject:
We've been using the boiled water every day and it really helps wipe away what's they'd bit it comes back shortly afterwards. It seems to come when she gets upset and cries. She cries a lot when we change her bum so by the time we've finished doing it she's got sticky eyes again.

I'll try massaging her milk ducts. What a good idea, never thought of that

I'll try the breast milk idea too and see if it works xxx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
My son had this until i think about 5 months and it was only a blocked tear duct as others have mentioned. Although at my clinic they like to take a swab to ensure it is not an infection.
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
StaceyRD wrote:
Are you breastfeeding? Breast milk is fab at clearing up sticky eyes Smile xx

Yup worked for us too, Georges cleared up within days.
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
hpw did you get on? Is it cleared up now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular