Baby scarring

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:48 pm 
Post subject: Baby scarring
Crying or Very sad
Super guilty mummy here - I nicked my son's thumb when I clipped his nails today. It was only small, but it took a pinch of skin off the end of his thumb, and bled a tinsy bit too... he cried, I cried, I never felt so bad in all my life... and even though it's nothing much to look at now, just a little cut, and he doesn't seem to notice it at all either now (he cried for about a minute when it happened but after a cuddle and some sudocream he's not bothered at all! ) , I still feel terrible about it and am terrified at the idea that I still have to cut his nails again in a few days... Sad

I just want to know if people think it will scar now? I know that sounds very pathetic, but I'd hate to think it will... poor little man... Sad It's just at the very end of his thumb... does baby-fingers/thumbs heal well?

x

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:21 am 
Post subject:
Don't beat yourself up about it, these things happen. I did the same to my boy literally 12 hours after he was born! He was born with quite long nails (not freakishly long!) and was hard to keep mitts on him so I chopped them and nipped his skin around his thumb too... Oops!

I really doubt it will scar, fingers have excellent blood supply and I'm sure it will heal really quickly Smile

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 am 
Post subject:
babies heal incredibly well i'm sure it won't scar , it's so easily done as well, i got the clippers as i'm clumsy and didn't trust myself with scissors and still managed to do this to one of mine Embarassed i'm sure he'd forgotten about it in seconds Smile xxx
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 am 
Post subject:
I doubt it will scar. If it makes you feel any better, I used to nibble George's nails until one day I pulled 1/2 the nail off. Felt like the worst Mummy ever. Think he got over it a lot quicker then I did.
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Shouldnt scar hun. My mum did it to Harry when he was a few months old and she cried as well as Harry. He hasnt got a scar xx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Oh May, bless you, you poor thing. It's horrid isnt it? Have done this with both S and J. It heals fine, no scars left promise!

Think we all knick there fingers once in a while, it coz they are so damn small! Don't beat yourself up about it, he will be just fine.

Mandy x
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 am 
Post subject:
my husband did this to our daughter and it scarred him for a while! Laughing he refused to clip her nails again for quite sometime!

its easily done and it wont scar dont worry x

cuddles72
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Hunni i've caught our LO twice now and it scars us as parents more. Your LO will be fine and i doubt very much it will scar xxx

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular