IVF with egg donation

Hayles18
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject: IVF with egg donation
Hi

I'm 42 and had a sterilisation reversal 2 years ago which left me with just my left tube open. I got pregnant last year but miscarried at 8 weeks.

I'm considering trying Ivf with egg donation and was wondering if anyone can recommend any clinics in the uk or abroad that do this?

I would appreciate any advice xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hayles,
I know Care clinics in the UK have an egg donation programme. Manchester, Notts and Northampton being the ones with the best results/shorter waiting lists. It's £400 (non/refundable) to go on the waiting list and it's anything from 3-12 months depending on donors. I think the cost is around £5000 - £6000 for a cycle.

There are also some good reputable clinics in the Czech Republic - these use only anonymous donors by law. The cost is around €5000 (so much cheaper than here - and the exchange rate is excellent at the moment). They usually have waiting lists too as they are becoming increasing popular with women from the UK.
Reprofit in Brno do DE as do their sister clinic in Zlin (can't remember the name). They are very modern, clean and professional. Most correspondence is done by email and they speak good English.

There are also clinics in Prague and Oostravia; as well as Spain.
Have a look on the Net. Fertility Friends has lots of info/threads about cycling and DE abroad; with travel guides, prices, links and directions plus flight info.

Hope that helps a bit. My twins were the result of treatment at Reprofit - and they were very good. Best of luck,
Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:20 am 
Post subject:
I'm the same age as you Hayles also had a reversal 2yrs ago and only have a left tube Shocked No pregnancies for me though and i also looked at reprofit last year after being told my tube was blocked, got an initial quote of around £2,900 (with the exchange rate at the time) but that was with my own eggs but included going to blast and ICSI ,
I didn't fancy donor eggs but the idea of tandem cycling seems like a really good one Question As then you have the option as to which to go for and you haven't wasted a cycle if you don't respond well or your eggs don't fertilise Question
If i had decided to go down that route I would probably have gone with them Smile , but as Julie said there are quite a few EU clinics offering similar packages .
Have you had any NHS investigations since your reversal ? To see if there's a reason you haven't conceived since, you're entitled to the exact same treatmenton the NHS as any other woman who wants to conceive , I know some docs try saying you're not as the reversal is a private op but thats bull , so if you wanted further investigations first then they are available Question .
However i do know from experience that the NHS do everything very slowly Rolling Eyes and it's taken me 18 months from being first told my tube was blocked to getting an op in September to try and open it so i can understand why you wouldn't want to waste more time . Good luck with the IVF if you go for it Smile and if you ever want to chat then the reversal ladies are there for you xx
Hayles18
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for both your replies. I've got a lot of thinking to do!

Nat - hope your op goes well and your BFP is around the corner

JulieWoo - I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy

xx
svetlana70
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:25 am 
Post subject: IVF with egg donation
I had a deivf cycle in Slovakia (Gyn-Fiv in Bratislava http://www.gynfiv.sk/en/) in March, we are pregnant!!! Was very pleased with the clinic.

Can't recommend the clinic highly enough - we got so much better treatment there than we did here in UK. They were so nice to me.
They are charging 4300euro for fresh DE cycle, no waiting list.

If you need anything just ask and I will be happy to help.

Good luck with ur cycle

Svetlana Very Happy
LittleNerd
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:35 am 
Post subject: Gynem clinic Prague
Hi,
Ive been told that my only chance to conceive is through egg donation. After considering different clinics I decided to try it at a clinic abroad as it is much cheaper and the reviews are very good. I have a friend in Prague, who advised me a clinic called Gynem (gynem.co.uk), where I decided to go. I was very happy with their services, everything was explained to me, I was taken care of, all in all I was very satisfied and as a result of that I am expecting our first baby in October! :)good luck!
gillym
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I did de ivf in uk. I used care and was very pleased with the treatment. Everything was very well explained and we had to do some madatory counselling and could have had more if required. It was very close to my work and easy to do all the appointments. It was more expensive than abroad, it cost us close to 7k but we had extras including blast, embryoscope with the closed circuit time lapse photos and embryo glue. I am now over 15 weeks preg and got to hear baby's heartbeat for first time this morning Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular