Swaddling

AliJo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm 
Post subject: Swaddling
I've been swaddling my 13 week old baby since she was just over a week old at night. This is because she's a very wriggly baby and kept kicking her covers off and waking up during the night. The last few nights she's started to get her arms out of the swaddle. I think she's waking up now because she wants to get out. I've tried half swaddling her before she goes to sleep, but this doesn't stop her wriggling, so she won't fall asleep. I don't want to swaddle her for much longer, but am afraid she won't get to sleep without it and we'll have even more night wakings. How can I get her to sleep without swaddling?
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Have you considered baby sleeping bags? She then has no chance of kicking covers off and also has space to wriggle as much as she likes now she is bigger. Also at first, you could put her a sleeping bag and then tuck a sheet over her and under the mattress so she still has that constricted feeling she is used to?

Mandy xx
xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
Yep I was going to say sleeping bags too, they can be used from when baby is 10lb or over

I used them last time up to 18 months, and will be doing the same this time just as soon as Will is big enough x

AliJo
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:16 pm 
Post subject: Swaddling
Thanks for your responses. I do want to use a sleeping bag but I don't know how to get her to sleep first? At the moment I saddle her while she's awake then feed her untill she falls asleep. If I didn't do this she gets so wriggly and won't calm down enough to sleep. I don't think putting her in her cot awake would work either as I know she would just cry and I don't want to leave her to cry at all.
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
how bout getting her into the sleeping bag, wrapping a bath towel (you know the ones with the hoods) around her to keep her feeling swaddled to feed, then remove towel once asleep and put into cot?

MAndy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular