What would you do?

xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:06 pm 
Post subject: What would you do?
My little boy is a week old today and I'm breastfeeding. I also have a daughter who is 3 and has been very interested in me feeding, The thing is she keeps asking me if she can have some, I've told her it's her brother's milk and she's a big girl and doesn't need it but she keeps asking. My OH says I should express some into a cup for her to try if she really wants to but not sure how I feel about it?

How would you deal with it?

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
If she wants to try, then why not? Won't do her any harm lol, I let my two try anything to eat that is edible as hoping it will make Archie a bit adventurous (Doesn't work though) xx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure how I'd deal with it to be honest. I'd probably say its milk for the baby but give a bit in a cup to try. I suspect that it will probably be too sweet for her to want anymore

KathG
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
I would let her try it too, she is just naturally curious. And it would be a wee shame for her to be feeling jelous that the new baby is getting something she isnt allowed. prob if you give her a try it will satisfy her interest and she will leave you to bf in peace.

[/url]
xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
yeah i guess so. I dont really know why I feel weird about it, will let her try a bit in a cup and hopefully it'll satisfy her curiosity xx

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
Im not sure how i would feel. probably a bit weird. could u not maybe pretend normal milk is yur breast milk so she knows its no different to that? x

[/url]
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Mandy now you've got me thinking how I'd deal with it, Charlie will be of a similar age to Chloe and I can imagine this being a problem for us as well.
I think I'd probably let him try a little just to settle the curiosity, but I wouldn't make a habit of letting him have it if you know what I mean.
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Wtih Sophia, she was curious about it and did tyr for my nipple Embarassed which was not good! LOL but obv didnt let that happen!

But when i had expressed some for a bottle, she did ask to try. I did say no but she took some from the bottle when I was attending to Josh! She said it tasted nice. Was only an ounce. This was at about six weeks. She has not asked for it since.

I thought fair enough, she tried it, but it did make me realise i felt wierd about her having my milk at her age and for me i think if she did ask again i would definitely say no. But that is just me.

I think there is no harm in letting her try it, be interesting to see if she likes it or not.

MAndy xx
loulousmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
I was the other way, my 4 year old who I fed for 12 months got it in her head that it was discusting! I encouraged her to have some from a cup as I didn't want her thinking it's horrible. She said it was nice but only had it once x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular