talking

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
Post subject: talking
Ok so Alfie is 2yrs 2 months now and still has limited speech. He can say maybe 10-15 words but has started using small sentances such as "where's it gone?" and "oh no over there". Now he cant say these words on their own so how come he can say them in aa sentance? He uses them in the correct context too. Im a bit worried how he has such a small vocabulary; He also likes to blabber alot. He stands in front of me looking at me and rambles for about 10 mins as if hes askng me an important question and looking for an answer. He seems to understand what hes saying but its a whole load of gobbledy gook to me.

He understands quite well - if i ask him to give me his dummy he will or if i tell him to get his milk he will go to the fridge and point to the bottle of milk.

I spoke to the hv at his 2 yr check and she said not to be concerned until hes 2.5 but im thinking maybe he should be referred before then? What do u think? x

[/url]
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry too much Amy because his made a lot of progress in the last couple of months. I know it often is later to develop with boys and if he understands you then its likely to come. You may also find he has a sudden spurt. I know Jamie says quite a bit anyway but we've had three weeks where he has averaged about a new word a day and started saying more sentences and in the last week has slowed down again.

Have you spoken to Deb? Wasn't Thomas quite a late speaker?

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:09 am 
Post subject:
hes making progress and thats the main thing and the fact that he understands things means that speech will come in time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular