Car Seats

Vix101
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:50 pm 
Post subject: Car Seats
I'm after a car seat (stage 2) as he's over 20lbs. I have a three door new fiesta, the one we have now is really too big, meaning im pulling my seat soo far forward i can hardly drive.

Ideally it would be rear facing but I just don't think these are practical for me at this time. So forward facing
Fits in a small car
Has a base to slot into..like isofix.
Will grow with him
Budget but not cheap rubbish. As I want safety.

Any suggestions please?
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
how old is your baby? you can get stage 0-1 seats which are rear facing and forward facing. Could you not put the car seat on the passenger side so that you can have the drivers chair further back?

if you go into mothercare they can put your car details into their computer and tell you what car seats are suitable for your car

also i dont think many forward facing seats come with bases as they are meant to be left in the car anyway, possibly some of the more expensive ones like Maxi Cosi have isofix that fits directly to thecar.

Vix101
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
He's 8 months but about 23lbs. The one he's in is rear facing but his legs are really cramped. There are quite a few with the bases, but usually they're really really expensive. Putting it on the passenger side means I can't really get it in lol. Cos my car doors are so big I have to park slightly over to get me and him in/out.

I've read some reviews about some of the graco car seats, apparently they list the cars they will fit in but don't test that they do so theres reports that some don't fit in smaller cars listed. It's all so complicated!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular