11 week year old won't take her bottle

Aleishasmam
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:54 pm 
Post subject: 11 week year old won't take her bottle
Hey girls am at the end of my wits here my baby girl has being of her bottle now for a week. Thought she was teething and all the other stuff but no signs of swollen gums. She has acid reflux and a bit windy but she usually take her bottle. Doctor and hv just sent me home to write a dairy of what she eats. Am so frustrated its making me angry. My partner works away as well so am on my own. If she does take her bottle I have to rock her to sleep and sneak the bottle in. She won't take it when she is wakened. I've tried bigger teats diff bottles the lot. I even give her a rusk to to fill her up. Can any one help me please? I've run out of ideas of what to do to get the bottle in her. Why is the health service so [*@!#%*] in uk!!!!
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
I'm no expert as George is breastfed but just a few thoughts.

Has the doctor checked there is nothing making her mouth sore?

Have you changed anything you can think of?

Are you trying to get her to have too much?

Is she filling up on rusk and not wanting bottle?

Have you tried feeding her in different positions?
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Could she be lactose intolerant or have an allaergy that is making her refuse the milk?
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
how often are you trying to feed her hun? and how much does she take at a time? xXx
Aleishasmam
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Thanks girls for the replies. Aleisha usually takes her bottle every 4 hours and takes 6oz's. Since last sat she has being really struggling to take it. Any way HV came out yesterday again and weighed her and she is 11.4. She was going to leave it to next Thursday to see how we got on. And I said no way. I have to rock my baby to sleep to feed her and sometimes she won't take it. And she said well its working. I was so mad. I said to her if yous don't help me am taking her straight into the hospital. Aleisha needed a feed while she was out so I asked her to try. She was then more enclined to help me when she realised its impossible to feed her because she is in so much pain. So from yesterday afternoon she has being on latose free milk. I actually said when aleisha was7 weeks I thought she was latose intolerant. Being making watery bottles to get her used to it. So far so good. She had 2 full stength milk this morning and is taking a very small 3oz. Going to try her every 3 hours.
Loulou86
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
My little girl is the same age and I have a similar but not as bad situation, she used to love her bottle but has now become fussy with it! I've tried different bottles and the usual gripe water, infacol etc as she is a windy baby but I don't think it's that - call it mothers instinct! She is taking her bottles but pushes them away after about 1-2 or 3 oz unless she is so tired at night and kinda gives in to it. Her hand is in her mouth loads to and more so when I think she's hungry but then she doesn't always want her bottle?! She doesnt cry an awful lot whilst taking the bottle but is wriggling round lots like she uncomfortable. I'm now thinking maybe a mild reflux. She is sicky but not a massive amount, she does look at me like it tastes horrible tho! Bless her!! Oh I don't know?!?! Hope you get it sorted hun x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular