Snot

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:45 am 
Post subject: Snot
Amy started with a snotty nose when she was about 2-3 months and it has NEVER gone away. For years I have been fobbed off by the doctors about it being cold after cold etc. It's only one side though, always her right nostril. Anyway, I finally had enough and took her to the doctors last week. The doctor said she has to try anti-histamines for 2 weeks first to see if it's hayfever. She's been taking her medicine for a week and a half now and there's no improvement (well maybe a slight improvement but barely noticable). Any idea what could be causing it and what the doctor is likely to suggest next?? It's think snot, all day long. She often gets a sore nose because of having it wiped all the time and it can't carry on anymore Sad
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:14 am 
Post subject:
my cousins LO constantky had a runny nose and like you kept takin him to the docs but was fobbed off, then she finally had enough and told them she not leaving til they sort it out, turned out he had an infection in his adenoids? (SP?) could it be something like that?
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:29 am 
Post subject:
my big big boy is 13yrs old and has had a snot nose (as i call it) since about 12mths... its caused him huge problems... he also has really sticky ears, i have to clean them every other day ....

ive been to drs and back and forth as i think its his sinuses but drs wont look into it as its not an issue they say....

keep on at them the antihisamines will help long term, it takes time after such a long time ...

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Archie is the same and we have been refered to ENT, but he also has glue eye, commonly associated with snotty nose as there is gernally also a problem with the adenoids as well, so we are hoping to have them all out, tonsils, adenoids and grommets fitted.
Do she snore as that is a sign of enlarged/problem adendoids.

We have Archie on piriton although we have tried the non-drowsy antihistamines and they didn't work for him, but I think is something stupid like any antihistamine only works for 20% of people so its finding one that works for you! Cetirizine didn't work for Archie but Chlorphenamine (piriton) did work so we are sticking with that xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
My bil had this for years ( when a child) they ended up removing his Adenoids and hey presto no more snot!!!
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies ladies Smile Went back to docs Friday, told her the medicine didn't do anything. she's referring Amy to ENT so just have to wait for the appointment now and see what they think.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular