Tooth Brushing

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:16 pm 
Post subject: Tooth Brushing
George has his two bottom teeth poking their head through. How and when should I start brushing? Should it be morning and night like us? Also has a breastfeed last thing and is well and truely ready for his bed and think it would be a stress to try then so do you think it would be ok to say do it in the bath before?
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 am 
Post subject:
Morning and night like us, I start with the dentinox teething toothpaste as it has a finger toothbrush in the pack with it, I would definately start doing it after the last feed, I started with both of mine when they 1st got teeth and they are used to it now xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:28 am 
Post subject:
The problem I have with doing to after his last feed would be that I'd often have to wake him up to do it. I think this may then make it a negative experience as he'll be so tired and cranky. Is there much in breastmilk that would be harmful for his teeth?
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
I did it morning and night with the detinox toothpaste and the little brush that came with it. Jamie still fed through the night when I started at 5 months (and for quite a long time afterwards) so there wasn't a last feed I could do it after.

StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
I don't worry about after the last feed either, with Isabelle of course, but not George since he feeds through the night too. We do bath then teeth while they're drying Smile x

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Yes i was thinking teeth after bath. At the moment George isn't feeding in the night but don't think Booby milk can be bad. Will go shopping tomorrow. Hoping he'll let me do it as has got a bit funny about me looking in his mouth since teething.
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
I just make loads of silly noises and pull faces so George grins and opens his mouth wide enough for a brush about Very Happy

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
It was fine, think he liked the minty toothpaste. Doing them morning and Night. Have to do the Dogs in the morning too!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular