Bleeding and discharge after caesarean section

Nomechompski
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:58 pm 
Post subject: Bleeding and discharge after caesarean section
Hi girls. Help needed please!

As you know (or may not know) I had a section over two weeks ago now. I bled quite heavily at first which I know is normal. Then it lightened quite a lot.

But now I'm getting quite a heavy yellowy brown red tinged discharged discharge that's quite a snotty texture. Is this normal?!

Naomi xx
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Little late i know but yes i had heavy bleeding, then it goes lighter, and can change between the two continually!
Think of a wound healing, (from where the placenta was attached), it will be red, brown, green, yellow, etc as it heals. Perfectly normal Smile and the more you do, the more you'll bleed, etc for longer, awful i know as you have plenty to do but i think mine calmed down around 8-10 weeks after i ignored EVERYONES advice and might as well have done a marathon the amount i was doing!
Plus you can still call up the triage and ask advice, i pestered them as i was convinced i was dying haha
good luck! xx
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, i have had 3 c sections and its all normal. Can be very irritating, just when you think its over, you start spotting.
best wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular