Engorged breasts.

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject: Engorged breasts.
Lily is 6days old now, my milk came in on day2/3 and I am producing enough to feed atleast 2babies maybe more.
I'm in agony and lily is having trouble latching on so I'm having to express around about 1oz per feed and sometimes a little inbetween this to stop the pain.
How on earth am I going to encourage less milk to produce if I'm having to express?
I'm also leaking a lot in between feeds as I'm just so full!
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kell!
sorry cant really help but i was the same the first week, i just use to have a bath each night as well and let it run dry.
I still leak loads during feeds and spray millie all the time Surprised
sorry cant help more xxx
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:01 am 
Post subject:
I'd only express the bare minimum to allow her to latch for a feed and not at all in between if you can managed it , as you know the more you express the more you'll produce and so the more painful they will be , a slightly tighter bra can help a bit (if you can stand the pressure)
I was like this with my youngest ( if he let go during a feed at first it would shoot across the room Embarassed Laughing ) and did have to had express a little so he could latch sometimes but I never expressed apart from that and avoided any extra stimulation like running water in the shower etc. as although it eases them in the short term it just encourages more milk ,and i got the washable breast pads as they don't have plastic in them so are more comfortable to wear and doubled up on those for when i leaked ,and it settled within about a week or so Smile Good luck xx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
I was like that and it did settle day eventually. Well I leaked for most of the first 7 months and sprayed Jamie everytime he fed but it stopped hurting. I'd take a little bit off by hand rather than expressing just so she can latch on

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
i was the same! its like us trying to suck a bowling ball Laughing

gabriel used to choke a bit too as it was coming out so fast, but it does settle down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular