Scan

Hayles18
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:32 pm 
Post subject: Scan
Hi,

I've just got my second bfp, 2 years after my reversal. My first pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. Because of my reversal, last time I was conscious of the possibility of the pregnancy being etopic so went straight to the doctors so that I could arrange a scan. The proved to be very stressful as I ended having to go back a number of times due to be early and them not being able to see anything.

I'm keen to leave arranging a scan longer this time as I would prefer them to be able to see what they need to see on the first attempt. However, I don't want to risk leaving it too late.

What would the ideal time be to have it done.

Thanks for your help. X
Briery
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 am 
Post subject:
Firstly huge congrats on your bfp!

Try to have your scan around 5 or 6 weeks. I am basing this on my own experience in my second pregnancy. I realised I was expecting at 4 weeks 1 day and was in for a scan 2 days later and nothing was visable on the screen but 2 weeks later the sac was clear.

Hope all goes well.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 am 
Post subject:
Around 6 weeks is a good time to be able to clearly see the sac in the womb and the fetal pole and might even be able to see a heartbeat , unfortunately for some women they can have symptoms from an ectopic even before 6 weeks depending on where it is sometimes as early as 5 weeks at which point a scan might not be able to see anything so there's no set point at which it's best really Confused
But you can ask for bloods to be done from now so you can get an idea from the levels if it could be ectopic and then if everythings looking good from there then arrange a scan for 6 weeks, that was my reversal consultants suggestion , congratulations xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular